Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long-haul sunshine in February / March

Options
  • 21-10-2018 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to book a 2-3 week sunshine holiday for February / March next year. What parts of the world are good that time of year? In other words, low/no rainfall, quiet mosquitos, nice temperatures but not scorchio etc. I’ve never been to Asia so I’m not familiar with monsoon patterns.

Budget is €5-6k for 2 of us, will want 4* minimum, if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Thailand would be grand during that timeframe perhaps a bit hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks - Thailand would probably be top of our list. Would the same also be true for places like Vietnam etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

We've been to the Naka in Phuket twice, once in late March. Its a great spot to spend at least a week to completely recharge and have some quality time with your partner. If you request your villa to be as high up as possible your pool is basically completely private.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Have you looked at central/South America at all? I’m also looking for a long-haul trip in Feb/March, for 2 weeks though and with a smaller budget.

Had been considering Cuba but have heard some varying reports on it recently...

Colombia looks great but worried it’s a bit far away for a 2-week trip. Wondering if 2 weeks is enough for Thailand/Vietnam, taking jet lag etc. into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Howzit17

2 weeks is not enough for Vietnam.But Feb/March is best time to go.Been many times and went for 4 wks this past feb/March, was the best weather of any other time we visited.Not too hot, well for Vietnam...very little rain.Never experienced mosquitoes in all my trips there
    Take a look at Sri Lanka

• Advertisement
Advertisement