Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for some advice

Options
  • 21-10-2018 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Well boys I guess I've decided to try vaping. I've been a heavy smoker for 20 or so years and the health problems are showing up.

I'm just looking for a solid piece of kit that won't break down easily and doesn't look too flashy. So far I've realized that I probably want to go straight into a sub-ohm device. There's no point buying a cheap toy that I'll just feel the need to throw away for a pack of real smokes..

If you have any recommends feel free to throw them out. Also how does these TDP regulations effect you Irish vapers? Anything I should know about getting around them? I guess customs will block offending items from abroad if they can be bothered to open them.

EDIT: I just pulled the trigger on an mouth-to-lung Innokin Zenith Tank Kit so that's sorted. Still, any tips on good sites in 2018 to buy juice online or in Dubin area that would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

You will need 18mg nicotine in your eliquid,this will stop the cravings for a fag,I can't tell you what flavour of juice to buy because your taste will be completely different to mine & others.

You will never find a flavour that matches your brand of cigs,there are tobacco flavours but I have never got on with them,I prefer sweet tastes,like fruit,bakery & custard & sometimes a slight menthol taste mixed in.

I'm not sure where the Dublin vape shops are but I'm sure someone here will let you know.
    Most vape shops will let you try some of their juices.

Never tried a Zenith,so I can't help you there.

Anything bought in Europe,Customs will not charge you.

The new regulations hasn't effected me too much,here are the main restrictions we had to suffer...

Nicotine restrictions on bottles of juice is 18mg max & only supplied in 10ml eliquid bottles,if you buy bigger than 10ml bottles,they will have no nicotine but you can buy Nic shots to mix in with the juice.

Tank capacity is 2ml max,which means you will be filling it more often.

Those are the two main restrictions.

Here is a few links to online vendors in Ireland...

https://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/27-vv-mods

https://vapewild.eu/mods/ this site is the cheapest around

https://www.e-smokeireland.com/starter-kits/1063-aspire-breeze-2.html

https://www.ivape.ie

https://www.efag.ie/36-vv-mods

https://www.urbanvape.ie

That lot should keep you busy

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zrau84

Thanks! 18mg it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Don't get 18mg if you do plan to go sub-ohm, it'll choke you! :O When I started vaping I was on 18mg, even had some juices that were 32mg!! BUT, the devices and tanks were completely different, with coils up as high as 2.4ohm, you were only vaping at around 10w back then. In fact I remember when the first mods that broke the 20w mark were introduced, it was like 'woah! why would anyone need that?! :D

I'm on 3mg in sub ohm tanks nowadays and it gives plenty enough kick, I'm usually vaping in around 50-60w. I wouldn't suggest going over 6mg and stick to 0.5 ohm coils @ about 30-40w to start with. That is if you go for a mod with a sub ohm tank.

You can get mouth-to-lung tanks [MTL for future ref] above that, but they are getting rarer, you could look at the pod systems which is probably the better way to start off, like the Breeze2 that youdipstick linked. In that case you might want stronger nic to begin, but I really think the sooner you drop in strength the better until you get the hang of it all.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Don't get 18mg if you do plan to go sub-ohm, it'll choke you! :O When I started vaping I was on 18mg, even had some juices that were 32mg!! BUT, the devices and tanks were completely different, with coils up as high as 2.4ohm, you were only vaping at around 10w back then. In fact I remember when the first mods that broke the 20w mark were introduced, it was like 'woah! why would anyone need that?! :D

I'm on 3mg in sub ohm tanks nowadays and it gives plenty enough kick, I'm usually vaping in around 50-60w. I wouldn't suggest going over 6mg and stick to 0.5 ohm coils @ about 30-40w to start with. That is if you go for a mod with a sub ohm tank.

You can get mouth-to-lung tanks [MTL for future ref] above that, but they are getting rarer, you could look at the pod systems which is probably the better way to start off, like the Breeze2 that youdipstick linked. In that case you might want stronger nic to begin, but I really think the sooner you drop in strength the better until you get the hang of it all.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Hija cagey,you probably missed his edit,he started off talking about sub ohming & he has edited that he has a MTL setup now.
    He will need 18mg to start with to make sure there no cravings for that toxic fag:D:D

Yup, I just ordered 20 10ml bottles of 12mg fluid from vapewild, they are doing a promo for 10 bottles free on your first order so it worked out a good price, thanks for the link. 12mg is the highest strength they do. I made sure half of them were 50/50 and the rest 65/35.

The tank I ordered should be coming with a 0.8 sub ohm coil and a coil with a resistance of 1.6 ohms. I'm sure if I mess around with the settings with the two coils I can find something that doesnt make me cough up a lung :) Can always buy a lower strength juice if not.

• Advertisement

zrau84 wrote: »
    Yup, I just ordered 20 10ml bottles of 12mg fluid from vapewild, they are doing a promo for 10 bottles free on your first order so it worked out a good price, thanks for the link. 12mg is the highest strength they do. I made sure half of them were 50/50 and the rest 65/35.

The tank I ordered should be coming with a 0.8 sub ohm coil and a coil with a resistance of 1.6 ohms. I'm sure if I mess around with the settings with the two coils I can find something that doesnt make me cough up a lung :) Can always buy a lower strength juice if not.

Nice one,vapewild sends out emails every day with loads of bargains,I just tried 2 new liquids "fruity freeze" & "tiger's blood" both have a fantastic taste.

Your first few vapes will make you cough,your'e lungs need to get use to clean vapour,I got rid of my wheezing after a week of vaping,my doctor couldn't believe how clear my lungs were,I did smoke 50 a day for over 40 years,it wasn't health reasons why I packed up smoking,I just couldn't afford 150 a week,the sweat was on me at the time & vaping 36mg juice saved me.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

Hey Zrau84! Glad to hear that you are taking the leap to get away from the stinkies. Let us know how it goes and if you need any help. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

Hey Zrau84! Glad to hear that you are taking the leap to get away from the stinkies. Let us know how it goes and if you need any help. Cheers

Well my Zenith kit arrived yesterday. I tried it first with some 18mg juice from thebestshop, American Stars brand and it tasted like rubbery death even though I'm pretty sure I primed it right.

At 11w on 1.6 coil the 12 mg juices from vapewild are pretty smooth and good but have no flavour other than a slightly unpleasant taste, I think I might have ruined the coils with the American Stars brand. either that or smoking killed my tastebuds! :) I think I'll order some more expensive brands or nicsalts and see how they do.

the good news is I cut down my smoking by almost half and it's not been as hard as I thought it would be!

zrau84 wrote: »
    Well my Zenith kit arrived yesterday. I tried it first with some 18mg juice from thebestshop, American Stars brand and it tasted like rubbery death even though I'm pretty sure I primed it right.

At 11w on 1.6 coil the 12 mg juices from vapewild are pretty smooth and good but have no flavour other than a slightly unpleasant taste, I think I might have ruined the coils with the American Stars brand. either that or smoking killed my tastebuds! :) I think I'll order some more expensive brands or nicsalts and see how they do.

the good news is I cut down my smoking by almost half and it's not been as hard as I thought it would be!

I'd say you primed it ok,it's the juice you picked,cheap n nasty by the look of it,which flavour was it...

You might get one or two on that drop down list that are ok,that's the way these things happen when cheap liquids are available.

It's very rare that you can use the same coil with 2 different flavours,they never taste right but sometimes it could taste great,trial n error,that's why most of us have a rebuildable rda or an rta (if the juice is sh1t,you only have to change your cotton,the coil will last for months)

I reckon that any juice with menthol in it would suit you,menthol seems to agree with most vapors & there is a great throat hit (TH) of it.
    Could be months before you find your all day vape (ADV)

VapeWild flavours can be weak but they do have some good ones,I have one here that I'm trying (King Cake 18mg) and it's a bit sh1t but it has a great TH,do I bin the 60ml or not,I'll try another couple of tanks with it because sometimes your coil needs to bed in & the flavour could improve after 2 or 3 tank full's.

Good to hear you have cut down by half,it was easy for me as well,thanks to the nicotine hits:D:D

• Advertisement

oh It was Red Indiana flavor, I do not recommend. It looks like vapewild doesnt sell 18mg anymore which is a shame.

Is it fine to water rinse your coils and store them to dry them out over a few days? a bit of blowdrying might stop rust.

yea I guess i'll eventually find a sweet ADV like you say. Menthol sounds good, never liked menthol cigs but vape should be different. I'll get some new coils over the weekend and maybe some nicsalts from element ns20. Thebestshop has some cheap nicsalts for 1/3 the price but I'm a bit wary of them now.

Went with just vape, no smokes today. I feel like i'm reaching for this darn vape every other minute but at least its helping.

Ok to wash some coils,worth trying,just make sure the cotton is bone dry & prime the coil again with your new flavour,put the coil on one of your radiators,that should dry quickly.
    Vape as much as you like,I have over 40 mods in front of me with all different flavours,I usually vape about 6 of them & rest for 2 or 3 minutes & then grab another 6 or so.

I buy or mix my own liquid & use my own nicotine,so 0mg suits me from Vapewild,I only buy if I'm getting a good bargain,which is quite regularly from VW.
    Never tried nic salts,maybe one day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

I have over 40 mods in front of me

And I bet that's only in the kitchen :)

And I bet that's only in the kitchen :)

:D:D:D and another 20 odd upstairs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

and another 20 odd upstairs...

I thought so :)

Advertisement