Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transnistria border crossing, but has anyone border crossing experience here?

Options
  • 21-10-2018 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Basically trying to see as much and fast as possible April with little leave as possible from work. I know I'll be less than 24 hours in each city.

Thursday night Romania (Bucharest), Friday night train to Moldova (Chișinău), Saturday evening/night to Transnistria, Sunday night to Odessa and Monday evening back Dublin (via overnighting in London).

I know it's short, but it's how i travel and love it. I'm most worried about border issues than anything especially Transnistria, has anyone experience going through the Ukrainian and Moldavian side?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure if the Transnistria-Ukraine border is open. I understand all travel to/from Transnistria must go through Moldova. You need to check this.

Have you enquired about visas?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Victor wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the Transnistria-Ukraine border is open. I understand all travel to/from Transnistria must go through Moldova. You need to check this.

Have you enquired about visas?

There's seems to be buses and train between to places.

I'm 99% sure no visa is needed for less than 24 hours in Transnistria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

No visa needed for less than 24 hours in Transnistria. Been across there a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Romanian trains are pretty slow and not particularly nice generally, have you looked at the actual logistics.

Imho it's madness...

Old East German stock mostly and very slow. :(

• Advertisement

Romanian trains are pretty slow and not particularly nice generally, have you looked at the actual logistics.

Imho it's madness...

Night train takes 12 hours, long yes but you get the sleep in.

No visa needed for less than 24 hours in Transnistria. Been across there a few times.

Any experience on the Ukrainian side?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

moloner4 wrote: »

Imho it's madness...

Night train takes 12 hours, long yes but you get the sleep in.
    Fyi...I would not be 100% confident of that duration.

Fyi...I would not be 100% confident of that duration.

flights are coming up less than 50 atm, might just fly if it stays that price.

Generally there are no issues on the Ukrainian side. They are usually quite friendly. I met a general who was a coin collector and wanted some Irish euro coins.

You will be issued a slip when you enter Transnistria, just make sure you don't lose it.

• Advertisement

Generally there are no issues on the Ukrainian side. They are usually quite friendly. I met a general who was a coin collector and wanted some Irish euro coins.

You will be issued a slip when you enter Transnistria, just make sure you don't lose it.

They don't stamp passport?

moloner4 wrote: »
    They don't stamp passport?
    Nope.

Transnistria does not stamp. Ukraine stamps in and out.

Advertisement