Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2014 second hand leaf

Options
  • 20-10-2018 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭KCross

barneyrub wrote: »
    Viewing one today. Anything in particular need to be looking out for?

Uneven rear tyre wear, particularly passenger side. The rear axles can be out on some of them and it will eat through back tyres.

Check charging works on both ports.

Check battery health... 12 bars or not

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

KCross wrote: »
    Uneven rear tyre wear, particularly passenger side. The rear axles can be out on some of them and it will eat through back tyres.

Check charging works on both ports.

Check battery health... 12 bars or not

Thank you. Supposed to have 12 bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Having 12 bars doesn't tell you much.

All it tells you is that it has at least around 86% SOH (state of health). It could be at 99% and fit as a fiddle, or it could be 85% and might drop to 11 bars a day after you buy it.

The only way to be certain about the battery condition is to download leafspy and buy/borrow an obd dongle. That will tell you the actual SOH.

For a 2014 it’s going to be in or around 85% anyway so if he has 12 bars it means it’s not worse than normal and hasn’t been abused so I’d say it’s a good enough indication.

LeafSpy would help too of course.

For a 2014 it’s going to be in or around 85% anyway
    Not necessarily. A guy I know in Derry sold his 2014 Leaf Tekna 4 months ago, 92% SOH.

Mine is the same age but double the miles and is at 84%.

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    For a 2014 it’s going to be in or around 85% anyway
    Not necessarily. A guy I know in Derry sold his 2014 Leaf Tekna 4 months ago, 92% SOH.

Mine is the same age but double the miles and is at 84%.

He has 12 bars so what does he gain by getting leafspy? The SOH can change overnight by several % anyway and it usually goes up in winter!!

If leafspy said 86% or 90% or 94% would you advise him differently? The whole SOH thing is a guesstimate by the BMS. It’s just an indication that it’s not bolloxed! :)

Most people would prefer to buy a car with 94% than one with 86%.

And if nothing else, if Leafspy told him the SOH was 86% he could use it as a haggling tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

She 😉 Its at 87% in case ye wondered

Advertisement