Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a tv connection upstairs

Options
  • 20-10-2018 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if I'm in the right forum, but anyways. I want to move a saorview box and the tv connection point from downstairs sitting room to upstairs bedroom (my dad is old, and we are turning the sitting room into a bedroom for him and putting the sitting room upstairs). How difficult is this to do and can I do it myself? There are no tv connection points upstairs at all.

It's probably a basic question: I just have no experience of this kind of thing :pac:

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Yes its quite easy to do. Do you just have Saorview or do you also have satellite? Do you know where your aerial feed passes into the house? Normally will pass into the attic at some point. It would be quite easy to drop a cable down from the attic into the upstairs room and put a joint in the attic.

Or you could just pass a cable down to the existing TV point down below and back up to the new room. How neatly this can be done will depend on how the house is built.

I would leave the existing point there, so if you ever want to use that room for TV again you'd have a point there already.

Advertisement