Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap sun holiday to get away at Christmas

Options
  • 19-10-2018 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest a cheap sun holiday the day after Christmas for a week from Dublin airport?

Either as part of a singles group or for someone travelling alone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You're being unrealistic I'm afraid. If you want a sun holiday in the winter without totally busting your budget, it has to be the Canaries but it's a very popular destination at Christmas.

Sunway have just one option for Lanzarote after Christmas and that is depart Dec 29th for a week, three star hotel for €1,300. The same package in early and late January is €660.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,143 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Your only hope might be to have your bags packed, be ready to go and then check websites for VERY late deals that they are trying to shift.

But you may have to go at a day or two's notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

If you want sun but not on the beach, you might have a good chance in Seville.
    Beautiful city, plenty to see and do travelling solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

You'll pay a premium if you want to get away for xmas.
    The canary islands is a good spot for winter sun but when I researched it last year found it expensive so I went to Alicante instead. The weather was fine for me but some people prefer hotter, and to be honest I didn't love the city.
    You could also look into somewhere like Agadir as flights and accommodation seem reasonably priced. I haven't been there yet but it's on my list.

Advertisement