Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power outage in some of the house

Options
  • 19-10-2018 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. Last night we had a loss of power when my wife was using the toaster. Checked for a tripped switch, but they're all ok. It seems everything is gone ( fridge, cooker etc. ) but the lighting is ok for some reason. Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

trixiebust wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Last night we had a loss of power when my wife was using the toaster. Checked for a tripped switch, but they're all ok. It seems everything is gone ( fridge, cooker etc. ) but the lighting is ok for some reason. Any help appreciated

Make sure toaster is plugged out and anything else in the faceplate that the toaster was plugged into anden check and see if there is a main fuse

Could be blown also look on trip switches for signs of burn

Double check all switches are up in the fuse board

NB power off before you do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

trixiebust wrote: »

The trip switch for the circuit that the fridge is on has tripped, they don't look tripped but if you turn it off and back on it'll work. Make sure you know what caused the trip before you reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Got it sorted guy's, thanks for the reply. The toaster was causing it. Gone into the bin already!

Advertisement