Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In love with best friend

Options
  • 18-10-2018 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just looking for a bit of advice on this one.

So there's this girl who I really kicked it off with about 2 years ago. I was just out of a long term relationship at the time but as we hung out more and more, my feelings developed and basically I fell hard for her. Now the catch is, the girl I came out of the relationship with, used to be best friends with this girl and now they don't talk whatsoever.

I was extremely hesitant in telling this girl I had growing feelings for her at this time as I felt it was too soon, and with her being ex best friends with my ex.

Fast forward to now. We have texted every single day without fail for the past 2 years, but I haven't seen her in person for about a year due to work commitments and her being in Australia for work. We met up for a bite to eat and a few drinks a few nights ago and all these feelings came rushing back. We got on extremely well and I have to say it was the best night out I had in ages. Now, from what I see she is showing signs of having feelings for me as well, but it is very hard to decipher.

We always made eye contact that night when talking, not just friendly eye contact but looking deeply into eachother's eyes and I felt a bond like no other. I was extremely close to telling her how I felt until we randomly met up with a few people we both were acquainted with, and they asked are we together long, obviously not knowing the situation. Whatever it was about that question I don't know, but it completely knocked my confidence that night and I couldn't for the life of me tell her how I felt which I had planned on doing, depending on how well that night went previous to that.

Now, as much as I want to tell her how I feel, a part of me doesn't want to as I feel it could negatively impact our friendship, something which means the absolute world to me. She is a very easy going girl and personally I think it would only be awkward if we made it awkward, but there's still a doubt in the back of my mind about it.

I don't think I would be upset as such if I did tell her and she said no, but if we slowly started drifting away I would be quite upset.

Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

A dumb priest never got a Parish

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Go for It! You'll regret it if not.

• I don’t know what you want anyone to say here OP, you just need to come out and say it. Sounds to me like someone who’d text all day everyday for 2 year has probably some amount of feelings for you, maybe. Just let her know and if she says she’s not interested that way then that’ll be how it is. As far as drifting apart, a true good friend wouldn’t do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Ring her and tell her. Right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

Go for it. I was in the same boat 15 years ago. We're very happily married for nearly ten years now. I thought I was punching above my weight and eventually got the courage to say how I felt. She got a shock as she genuinely didn't see it coming but it was something I would have always regretted if she had settled with someone else I'm sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement