Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Club in Sixmilebridge, Co. Clare

Options
  • 18-10-2018 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

This is a bit of a reach, I know, but does anyone know anyone in this gun club?

I've searched on the web, asked some of the old members, contacted NARGC, searched facebook, but nobody seems to know who is running or even a member of the club.

The NARGC tell me there's a club but they cant give out any club members info. I gave them the NARGC my contact details to pass on about 3 weeks ago and the NARGC advised that they'd pass them on, but nothing. I'm getting the impression that the only way into this or any gun club for that matter is to know someone in the club or be invited.

Kind regards, TC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hi
    I'm not too far away from that part of the world,and TBH it is hard to find out who is in charge with what district in those parts.

You have around the SMB area, Truagh&Oatfield GC, Broadford GC, Shannon GC, and ASFIK Cratloe. I'll use the term Gun club here as some of these call themselves "Game protection Associations " too, and it might be they are not NARGC affiliated, just a bunch of locals doing their thing in their parish.So it might explain NARGC silence?

Does SMB still have a Garda station?If so ask maybe in there. Local AGS will always have some contact with the local gun club.

If no joy go back to NARGC and ask them for any details for the above areas mentioned, or for their Rep/PR in Clare??I'll bet any money,it's that they are "NARGC free areas":)

Also there is or was a clay shoot every Sunday morning up on Gallows hill up near the two golf balls.So you might pick up some info up there?They did have a FB page for this,but I don't know is it active anymore.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hi,

This is a bit of a reach, I know, but does anyone know anyone in this gun club?

I've searched on the web, asked some of the old members, contacted NARGC, searched facebook, but nobody seems to know who is running or even a member of the club.

The NARGC tell me there's a club but they cant give out any club members info. I gave them the NARGC my contact details to pass on about 3 weeks ago and the NARGC advised that they'd pass them on, but nothing. I'm getting the impression that the only way into this or any gun club for that matter is to know someone in the club or be invited.

Kind regards, TC

I knew a good few members there over the years. John Gleeson in the garage there in cratloe would have been a member of the Cratloe gun club and worth a call
    (061) 357 186 as he'd know who was the contact in Six Mile bridge too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

I can sort this for you private message me your details and I’ll forward them to the Club Secretary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thomasrcleary

I know John Gleeson well, he services my car. Thanks.

Advertisement