Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 3 | Warning Signs [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 18-10-2018 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 3 - "Warning Signs"

Airdate - October 21st on AMC at 9/8c | October 22nd on FOX UK at 9PM

Rick's vision for the future is threatened by a mysterious disappearance that divides the work camp where the communities are building a bridge.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 34 votes

0%
    11%
    rovers_runnerWolverine359Keplar240Bs3rtvdbwfj81ch 4 votes
    5%
    wavehopper1The Talking Bread 2 votes
    29%
    YakuzaTerrorFirmerNUTZZfrashBlazerdori_dormercathaljfoozzybear61downesysabhail 10 votes
    23%
    ArmaniJeanssFreudianSlippersbrianregan09alchemist33forumuser[Deleted User]Gwynplainejrkb 8 votes
    14%
    MickeroostorkerwillowthewispParkman77Foreign Sports 5 votes
    2%
    Banjaxed82 1 vote
    5%
    irlirishkevDarth Melkor 2 votes
    5%
    johnmolloy554terryduff12 2 votes
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

this episode pleased me , started and moved some plots along.
    although the slow pace frustrated me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Very good episode, probably the best since season 6. Character interactions were great, few nice walker scenes, tension between the groups is realistically depicted and for the first time in years I am enjoying Maggie on screen. She has become a very strong character again, in fact for the first time. (I couldn't take her seriously last season just entering into Hilltop and feeling within her right to take over)
    too bad she is leaving soon
    The comic element of it has definitely been toned down, hopefully this helicopter business won't be too surreal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Daryl is almost inaudible at this stage. He is evolving into Chewbacca.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Really good episode. Still not sure why they leave the saviours alive if they killed before its obvious that some of them will not reform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

An ok episode, one small detail annoys me is the way Rich carries his axe with the blade end facing his forearm but im just nit picking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Man, this is what TWD needed about 5 seasons ago - proper character driven drama/action. The last few seasons were an utter joke - 60's style matinee cowboys and indians serial stuff, Scott Gimple should be blacklisted from the industry for what he reduced such an incredible concept to.

I'm so utterly delighted that it's actually turned a corner, and how quickly it's done so. The first 3 episodes of this season are on-par with the pilot season, which I would never have dared hope for.

I can't believe I'm actually immensely looking forward to the next episode for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Here's the problem with the walking dead...

It doesn't need more character twists or plot twists, it needs a massive game changing twist that flips the the walking dead universe as a whole.

We're just been shovelled the same sh!te dressed up differently.

A major character dies = plot twist

This character doesn't become a zombie = fooking game changer.

Jesus Christ, how long do they think they can eek out the same jaysus storyline against the same shaggin back drop?

The world needs to evolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Best episode in years.

Think Rick will leave one of two ways.
    Judith gets abducted by Jadis and Rick heads off in search with Michonne.

Or else Rick gets abducted himself by Jadis and some of group go looking for him deepening the split.

Don't think they will finish him off altogether.
    They need to leave a few characters open for whenever the final series comes to a head.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think it's cool Maggie found Glen's brother to hang out with after Glen got killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

I think it's cool Maggie found Glen's brother to hang out with after Glen got killed.

I was very confused, at first I thought the scene was a flashback!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Ben Rhee!

But enjoyed that episode, for the first time in a long time, can't wait to see what happens next week. More of the same going forward please!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

A few weak points throughout but for the most part one of the best episodes in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Really good episode. The show seems to have a more cinematic approach to events, ratcheting up the sense of tension and mystery. You can tell this is all leading to something big.

And drama always works best when it steps into those grey areas of maybe right and maybe wrong. The show has addressed those issues before but in the last couple of series the approach has been so clunky that it just didn't work, especially with Rick.

I mentioned after last week's episode that there were a few simple changes which have made the show better. I'll add another couple. They've stopped treating the viewers like idiots. Revolutionary stuff I know but very effective when they try it out! And not having a cartoon villain around also makes a positive difference. Sure, Negan will be back but it will have to be a different Negan for the story to work.

It's been mentioned before but I'm getting a real Lord of the Flies vibe off this show now. That scene at the end was fantastic. I really liked the way Daryl and Maggie just turned their backs and walked off.

It's always a good sign when I'm looking forward to next week's show. Haven't felt that way for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Really enjoyed the episode overall but don't understand how the Oceanside got so sloppy at the end!
    The turned your man into a walker when they successfully disappeared the others. That left arrow evidence.
    They then left an actual arrow in the next person telling everyone who had done it.

I know there wouldn't have been an episode at all without that paper trail but still!! Sloppy!

Ricks axe annoyed me

And garbage girl won't go after rick as she has the A she needs in priest. Whatever that means

Other than those niggles I thought it was good and glad it was maggie and Darryl who found then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Really enjoyed the episode overall but don't understand how the Oceanside got so sloppy at the end!
    The turned your man into a walker when they successfully disappeared the others. That left arrow evidence.
    They then left an actual arrow in the next person telling everyone who had done it.

I know there wouldn't have been an episode at all without that paper trail but still!! Sloppy!

Ricks axe annoyed me

And garbage girl won't go after rick as she has the A she needs in priest. Whatever that means

Other than those niggles I thought it was good and glad it was maggie and Darryl who found then

I wonder are A’s & B’s something like people they want to do tests on or something like that? I.e. to see if they contain the virus anymore etc....bug what an A is or what a B is I don’t know.
    Wonder could it be to do with Judith?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I wonder are A’s & B’s something like people they want to do tests on or something like that? I.e. to see if they contain the virus anymore etc....bug what an A is or what a B is I don’t know.
    Wonder could it be to do with Judith?

Wonder why she deemed Gabriel to be a B but now an A once he stood up to her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Reggie. wrote: »
    Wonder why she deemed Gabriel to be a B but now an A once he stood up to her[/quote

Could it be a leader or follower thing? Or save all vs save yourself? She changed her mind after he said he'd have to tell rick when she thought he'd follow her? Or save himself over the group? He used to be pretty weak and selfish. But took a stance in the woods when saviours were acting up, but i didn't know if that was to protect her or everyone? We haven't really seem how he's evolved over the past 9 mths/year

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

A/B thing is just a plot device to get rid of Rick and Maggie without killing off the characters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

A or B are most likely strong/weak, leader/follower, controllable/uncontrollable.

Advertisement