Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crown Trade Wood Primer Sanding and other queries

Options
  • 18-10-2018 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Looking for some advice, I recently had a pine stairs fitted for an attic conversion and am only now getting round to painting it. I sanded the risers, spindles and wall string and started to cover them with
    Crown Trade Wood Primer (white) and I noticed this morning that some of the primer I applied on Tuesday night (16th Oct) had dripped and caused some ridges so have a couple of questions:

1) Is it ok to sand this down to get rid of the raised drip ridges?
    2) The primer is still tacky to touch should I leave this to dry more or paint it while tacky?
    3) How long can I leave primer on the stairs without a top coat? it may be Sunday before I can get to paint some of it.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Tommy

Advertisement