Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it ever possible to get car insurance for one month?

Options
  • 18-10-2018 1:51pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm leaving the country in a month, but my car insurance expires now. Is it ever possible to extend my policy by one month, as I don't want to pay for another year. I'm sure I'll lose money on the refund. Would any company insure me for just a month does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm leaving the country in a month, but my car insurance expires now. Is it ever possible to extend my policy by one month, as I don't want to pay for another year. I'm sure I'll lose money on the refund. Would any company insure me for just a month does anyone know?

I believe that if you stay with the current insurer you might get back most of it wheen you cancel.

But check the paperwork first.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get it on monthly payments then cancel. Allianz allow this anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement