Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday

Options
  • 18-10-2018 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭

Brighton 4:40 - Archimedes goes again in the last fixture of the year at Brighton. Not at all surprised to see the horse get a run out before the close of the flat season given the decent 2nd place it got here last time out. Probably not many (if any opportunities) for this horse to get a class 6 race over the favoured trip, so they've had to put this in at 2lb out of the handicap. At 14/1 though, think I will take a small ew chance on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

2.00 Brighton, Wolf Prince, currently around the 3.7 mark but I will be laying it. I'm hoping the price comes in a bit and I'll lay it for a few quid. It was 2nd last time out @ 10/1. Personally I think it over-achieved that day.
    In the same race I do like the looks of water diviner, 2nd @ 7f last time, I think it'll appreciated the step up to a mile. It's a trappy race and I'll be just happy if wolf prince gets beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Bog standard day all round today. Have had a small bet on Andalusite in the 4.05 at Brighton, no show at Bath last time but finished close enough behind Arcanista at Brighton in a class 4 over shorter on previous run when sent off a well backed 4/1 shot, just as effective over this trip and trainer does well here, 4/5 of the horses wins have come round Brighton. Thought 20/1+ was pretty big.

2.30 Brighton, another trappy race but I think Napanook deserves to win here, I'll have a small interest. Good 2nd over 6 last time out and will take all the beating.

2.40 Carlisle, Good boy Bobby, already had a decent few quid on this @ 1.74/1.72, if it jumps around I think it will win easy.

This 3.05 @ Brighton, Kirkland flyer, I'm not sure the drop back in distance will suit the horse. If this was over a longer distance I'd have no hesitation backing it to win but I just have a feeling it needs further and not being brought back in distance. I have to have a few quid on the lay @ 2.78!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ouch fortunes won and lost there in the 340pm at Tramore. Odds on fav Moon ball, around 1.8 SP on BF, fell maybe 3 or 4 out, left Davy's horse in front who then fell at the last.

• Advertisement

3.55 Uttox, Boreham Bill I don't like it at all and didn't expect it to be fav. Won @ 2m4f in feb, after that I didn't see anything out of the ordinary and now up 3 furlongs. Currently 3.6'ish, I'll be laying and if it comes down in price I'll lay again.

Hard to pick the winner, ravensdale could run well at a decent price but I'll be happy if Boreham bill gets beat by something. I'm just struggling to see how it can win.

This 4.45 @ tramore, the mullins horse Shanakey is very interesting, currently drifting but I think it will run well. Just had a small interest @ 3.35 win

Wasn't keen on the other one earlier but didn't want to back that shanakey @ a short price. Looking forward to this race for future reference especially.

Last bet of the night for me. 5.25 Wolves, Compass Scoobie, currently backing @ 2.2 The horse has been running is some good C2 and C3 races throughout the past year. The horse ran 4 times @ wolves winning once and being placed twice. Up from 70 to 74 in the rating for an average win beating aguerooo which I not sure warranted the jump of 4. I'm sure it will run well and think it just might be ahead of the handicapper

til tomorrow

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

irishgoat wrote: »
    Wasn't keen on the other one earlier but didn't want to back that shanakey @ a short price. Looking forward to this race for future reference especially.

Won't be much use for future reference as everything in it is useless.

• Advertisement

Kauto wrote: »
    Won't be much use for future reference as everything in it is useless.

Possibly. That Shanakey, ran poorly on debut in a terrible race, the run was too poor to be genuine, that was on soft/heavy I think. Good today. But yeah, the run today would make you scratch your head alright.

I'm finished gambling now, just observing. How that horse Anycity in the 6.15 @ wolves is so short @ about 3.4'ish is beyond me. I know it won @ 1 mile at chelmsford but I thought the c4 was weak. Beaten in a C6 then. I dunno. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out, but looks wide open!

Big plunge going down on this field gun in the 7.15 @ chelmsford. Currently around 2.7ish. I don't like it at all, I was tempted to have a lay but just want to continue watching tonight. That Gallipoli should really put it to the fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭GMROCKS

goat there is guys on twitter put up a nap and nxt best.. work with the bookies lay them all day mostly favs and alex hammond from sky bet,, the same lay her two picks they have feild gun in this

gowannnnnn osin murphy

goat i have 2 winners so far on a lucky 15 next 2 look iffy chelms 8;15 thaayer 7/2 and 8;45 foie gras 11/1 what ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

GMROCKS wrote: »
    goat there is guys on twitter put up a nap and nxt best.. work with the bookies lay them all day mostly favs and alex hammond from sky bet,, the same lay her two picks they have feild gun in this

Just curious, who are the guys on Twitter?

GMROCKS wrote: »
    goat i have 2 winners so far on a lucky 15 next 2 look iffy chelms 8;15 thaayer 7/2 and 8;45 foie gras 11/1 what ya think?

I've eased off for the night and I don't want to stress the brain out any more with form but I just had a very quick look and in the 8.15 I'd back the fav Muneyra. But who knows, I wish you well with thaayer in the race.
    In the 8.45, your horse is 20.'ish I don't give it much hope 'in my opinion,' but the race is wide open like a lottery. Who knows you might get 2 winners :)

Good luck with your bet.

they are GYTO getyourtipsout think they give and odd winner out of the 2 picks only from the first day of the month until the 15th 16th then mostly all losers,great to find a false favorite and back somthing else,they know when fav is gona be turned over,but ppl gulable back them.gl

I wouldn't be listening to tipsters guys, 99% of them are playing a guessing game and over time statistically you'd probably have the same win/loss average if you picked your own selections.

• Advertisement

on preacher man e/w @12s

The fav looks solid I can't see it getting beat to be honest. What will be placed is the question.

no i bet against there picks,there frauds in with the bookies,

i cashed out the fav will zip,,on e/w on preacher man nicola curry= osbourne

Congrats well done, big winner :)

preacher man ran on gd ground for 19k class 2 ===patternform thats what i use.

cheers time for beers:0

lst 2 races e/w dbl not confident though 8;45 slow to hand 12/1 and 9 pm ravens raft 11/2 fun bet.

That 8.45 seems to be a horrible race altogether. I'm not liking the first 3 or 4 in the betting, could be a close finish. That imminent approach could run well at decent odds it's unexposed really but you wouldn't want this race to be your getting out stakes. I have a headache even trying to figure it out.

• Advertisement

I'm off, all the best in your betting. Hope it's a good weekend and hopefully a few quid to be made @ Ascot.

Advertisement