Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

60KWh Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Ryath wrote: »
    Looks like it may be a little closer than we thought.
    https://insideevs.com/60-kwh-nissan-leaf-price/

"The base version of the current car (no pun intended), with its EPA range rating of 151 miles boasts "

What pun?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

80sDiesel wrote: »
    "The base version of the current car (no pun intended), with its EPA range rating of 151 miles boasts "

What pun?

Electric current?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Spoke with Nissan dealer today and they are getting 60KWh Leaf demos in January and first customer deliveries expected end of February.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

icom wrote: »
    Spoke with Nissan dealer today and they are getting 60KWh Leaf demos in January and first customer deliveries expected end of February.

Get out of here, its not April 1st :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭denismc

Wow, they kept that quiet, I guess it would hurt sales of the current version.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

denismc wrote: »
    Wow, they kept that quiet, I guess it would hurt sales of the current version.

I hope so :)
    I'll buy a 40kwh one next year then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

What pun?

Electrical current :-D

kceire wrote: »
    Get out of here, its not April 1st :)

Was thinking the same thing myself, but he did seem quite serious about it.

Same as you, I'll believe it when I see it. :)

He could not say how much it would cost !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What pun?

Prospective buyers won't be able to resist the range of vehicles on offer, watt spec they're getting, nor the prices charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

So anybody care to hazard a guess at what the Irish price would be? 40k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Which dealer? I find that very hard to believe.

Prices likely about €5k more than L40? Real life range of L40 is 201km (ADAC) so L60 maybe about 285km? And will it have CCS charging or is it still stuck at 45kW in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,217 ✭✭✭✭Water John

No wonder there chasing PCP owners to upgrade now to L40. Just put in €4K and pay about €100/month along with the old car!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Interesting, hopefully confirmation of active battery cooling...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭KCross

unkel wrote: »
    Which dealer? I find that very hard to believe.

I think unlikely as well. They usually announce a few months in advance. Jan for demo cars is only weeks away.
    Prices likely about €5k more than L40?

Definitely €4k more anyway, but maybe €5k.
    Real life range of L40 is 201km (ADAC) so L60 maybe about 285km?

Since they are using a different battery supplier, the efficiency should be better than the L40.

I also wonder, with the change to LG Chem, will they start reporting usable capacity rather than total since that is how LG Chem and the other car manufacturers report it. So, the L60 (or is it L64 like Kona etc?) isnt just 20kWh more than an L40, its actually 24kWh+ more. All that confuses the numbers too in relation to range.

And will it have CCS charging or is it still stuck at 45kW in this country?

I'd say close to zero chance of CCS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

daheff wrote:
    So anybody care to hazard a guess at what the Irish price would be? 40k?

An extra 10k for 24kwh is quite extreme.

Puts it toe to toe with an suv, kona.

The l40 has been really popular but recent test show rivals are producing very good cars. If leaf wants market share now where it counts they will need to be aggressive on price. I'd pay an extra 3 to 4 k max. Beyond that other makes will give more for less. If Nissan want to be bat**** crazy they will push it at 2k extra and ask the Western world to form an orderly queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chewchewtrain

Hm, I am very close to pulling the trigger on the 40kw leaf, but these rumours have me slightly torn...

The theory of the 60kw leaf would be ideal for all my needs.

Should I believe the rumour that they'll be around in q1 2019? Wasn't going to wait until Q3 2019...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Should I believe the rumour that they'll be around in q1 2019?

No you shouldn't. It won't happen.

Welcome to boards, by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

Hm, I am very close to pulling the trigger on the 40kw leaf, but these rumours have me slightly torn...

The theory of the 60kw leaf would be ideal for all my needs.

Should I believe the rumour that they'll be around in q1 2019? Wasn't going to wait until Q3 2019...

I talked with a dealer a couple of weeks back and he mentioned not to expect it before 2020. that was after I had said i wouldnt buy a L40 due to rapidgate etc (so he had no reason to encourage me to go for an L40 first).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Unkel i understand you're using the math of the L40 aerodynamics for your assumption on range but we've no idea what shape and aero the new L60 will have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Unkel i understand you're using the math of the L40 aerodynamics for your assumption on range but we've no idea what shape and aero the new L60 will have.

I think the reasonable expectation is that the L60 will look the exact same as the L40 since thats a brand new model that fits in with the current look/feel of the Nissan lineup and it was only released a few months ago.

Very very unlikely that they would have another Leaf shape for the L60.

KCross wrote: »
    I think the reasonable expectation is that the L60 will look the exact same as the L40 since thats a brand new model that fits in with the current look/feel of the Nissan lineup and it was only released a few months ago.

Very very unlikely that they would have another Leaf shape for the L60.

I asked my local Nissan dealer the same question yesterday and he told me they expect the Leaf 40 and Leaf 60 to be sold side by side, with the battery cooled Leaf 60 probably costing around 4-5 k more (in his estimate), so that would mean the Leaf 40 SV spec costing 30k and the Leaf 60 SV spec costing 34-35k after grants. He also said the design of the Leaf 60 would be the same as the current 40.

Just a pity they can't provide the same 7 year warranty that KIA does.

Advertisement