Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reference letters for UCAS

Options
  • 17-10-2018 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey everyone. Mods, feel free to move this thread as I'm not quite sure it's in the right place.

I'm homeschooled through homeschool dot ie, and have been for the last two years. Dropped out of mainstream education for some personal reasons, so I haven't got any physical tutors or teachers.

I am looking to study in the UK, and to do that, I obviously need to apply through UCAS. The problem is, I need a reference letter from someone who knows me academically to apply, unless I get permission not to have one from my choice college. Still, I reckon my odds would be better if I did have a letter of recommendation.

Would a letter from a teacher who has never met me in person suffice, or even be considered?

Does anyone have any experience at all with homeschooling and references for UCAS?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Advertisement