Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 17th October

Options
  • 17-10-2018 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

Well I'm still here in Ireland anyway, I made a balls of things and my passport is out of date and it will take 2 days to get it renewed. The Mrs is not a happy camper lol

As I'm still here I'll be having a few bet, sorry to put you all through it but I'll be gone in a couple of days :D

This 3.25, I've layed Raheeb @ 3.10. I like the looks of summer blossom but I just went with the lay.

I'll be having a few more bets.

Good luck to all today

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

3.40 Punchestown, Ornua, currently laying this @ 3.0/3.05, I'm don't really like Cadmium either but I can't find something solid I think can win the race, just going to lay Ornua, I'll be happy if something can beat it.

3.45 Wetherby, Ballyandy, currently laying 2.38/2.4, the racing is better than I expected today.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

irishgoat wrote: »
    3.40 Punchestown, Ornua, currently laying this @ 3.0/3.05, I'm don't really like Cadmium either but I can't find something solid I think can win the race, just going to lay Ornua, I'll be happy if something can beat it.

Well done Goat.

Thanks, it takes the edge off things. Only realized last night about the passport, had to rush to Dublin today to the office. Things like this happen but the hassle involved. Too much gambling I reckon. I swear once I go away I'm not going to have a bet at all. I'm seeing form in my sleep these day's lol

That last race with ballyandy and the second fav I didn't like either of them I thought they'd need the run but ballyandy one to watch in the near future I reckon.

4.10 Punchestown, Sub Lietenant, I'm currently backing this 1.8/1.81, I can't see past the first 2 and I'm of the opinion that if a horse finished in front of a horse once, it'll more than likely do it agian. Sub Lie already beat Sandymount duke by 7 lengths if I remember correctly and I see no reason why the form can be reversed.

The next hours racing looks terrible and I won't have a bet it's like a lottery.

The fav in the 4.30 @ bath I think looks very vulnerable. Rated 59 and I agree with the handicapper I think it's a 59 rated maximum and I seriously doubt a 59 rated horse can win a handicap like that with some many horses dropping in ratings. I'll consider laying for a win for something small and maybe laying for a place too but horrible racing the next hour or so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭GMROCKS

are you on twitter?

irish goat are you on twitter?

Hi GMROCKS, no being honest I've never got into the social media thing. I'm still living in the dark ages. I just post on here between bets to break up the day.

my next 2 bets are ?5;05 iniesta 14/1 ew and 515 piazon got 9/1 i missed the 18/1 he was yesterday evening

oh well inesta drifting like a barge 28/1 betfair now

• Advertisement

GMROCKS wrote: »
    my next 2 bets are ?5;05 iniesta 14/1 ew and 515 piazon got 9/1 i missed the 18/1 he was yesterday evening

That iniesta is is 40.0/42.0 for the win and around 7/1 for the place on betfair. I didn't even look at anything in the race. Good luck I hope it wins for you, nice price.

can see him win im on the sports book on betfair backed him lst night @14s now 28/1....more confidence in piazon 7s now but its no tip.

I wouldn't worry about a drift the market is really weak. How the fav Amitie Waltz is favourite I have no idea. I didn't see anything in any of the runs to suggest even if they were 'educational.' If that fav wins I'll eat my passport tomorrow lol But yes the race is a lottery.

no price up yet for brandy james tmro 2;55 uttoxeter

small bet on o murphy ,,,,Saumur 5.05

goat do you use ratings or anything for yor picks?

goat Ben Curtis makes the 3 hour journey to Newcastle now after riding at Nottingham. Rides 1 in the lucky last 32%sr for Hugo Palmer ��������������

5.20 Punchestown, Golazo, looks like they think a lot of it and could be very useful, had a fairly decent win bet @ 1.65

GMROCKS wrote: »
    goat do you use ratings or anything for yor picks?

I use my own ratings mostly but I use a lot of stuff to be honest like going and left/right handed tracks lots of stuff and I also hear bits and pieces too.

I out of here, good luck to anyone who's gambling for the rest of the day. I might have a look later on with Newcastle.

All the best

try out patternform and infineform ratings there free. patternform is the best as you have sevral filters ,going distance class ect gets some good price winners with going.gl

• Advertisement

Looks like Golazo needs further maybe.

Just looking at this 5.45, I'm laying this cross my mind @ 3.45, seems to be all or nothing with this horse but gets very low on betfair pricewise. I'm going to try lay @ lower in running on this. Very interesting race and tactics will play a big roll in the outcome!

Last bet of the night for me and I'm gonna hit the bar and have a few Heinekens.

6.45 Newcastle, Drogon. Laying @ 2.28 It won over 6f on good to firm in a weak C4 race, it then ran @ 7f and I have noted down, seems to need futher, they did run it @ a mile then and it was well beaten but it was on soft. I just feel this horse needs futher and good/good to firm for it to be at it's best, and it's running on this surface for the fist time.
    Looking forward to the race.

Have a good evening all :)

Just looking at the 8.15 @ Newcastle, I'm not having a bet in the race but I find the fav Picketts charge very interesting. You always know it's a good horse and well fancied if the handicapper crucifies it. It won a c5 by 1 and 3/4 lengths and he upped it from 63 to 71 which means the handicapper still feels the horse has something to give.

I'm all for a horse in form but I'm just thinking it might be at the end of it's tether for the time being, also I know it's won at a mile but I feel it's better over 7f. Could be another all or nothing horse, it'll win or be unplaced. I'm not playing but looking forward to watching it.

im on testa rossa,

cmon ben curtis

This delayed 8.45 look like a good opportunity for Character witness. I'm not convinced momentarily is best at the mile, could need further. Bigshotte from Archie watsons could put it to character witness as the stable is going well.

Edit. I wasn't going to have a play in this but I see the money is piling in for this Momentarily, I just have to lay it! Definitely going to lay it 2.76'ish.

Advertisement