Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

word press or alternative

Options
  • 17-10-2018 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

hey all

looking to set up a landing page that will redirect to our eshop and existing site, with scope and hope to add more down the line

i have purchased a .ie domain

word press are looking to upgrade me to premium to access this.

i'm very out of the loop on the stuff at the moment.

though i used study this in college, my knowledge is obsolete to say the least.

is this worthwhile or are there any better alternatives.

the eshop is hosted under the sub domain of the 3rd party supplier

and i've purchased the domain etc.. from black knight.

thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

Eoin

:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 l0l0

You don't need to upgrade anything. You can do this via editing .htaccess. (it will only work if your website is not hosted with wordpress.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

ayatollah wrote: »
    hey all

looking to set up a landing page that will redirect to our eshop and existing site, with scope and hope to add more down the line

i have purchased a .ie domain

word press are looking to upgrade me to premium to access this.

i'm very out of the loop on the stuff at the moment.

though i used study this in college, my knowledge is obsolete to say the least.

is this worthwhile or are there any better alternatives.

the eshop is hosted under the sub domain of the 3rd party supplier

and i've purchased the domain etc.. from black knight.

thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

Eoin

:o

To use your own domain with Wordpress.com you need to pay monthly, starts at 4 euro.

If I understand correctly, you have an existing eshop with a different domain, the domain you purchased from Blacknight you want to redirect to the eshop?

If so, Blacknight offer free redirection with their domains, you can set it up to redirect to another domain in your control panel.

Alternatively, how is your existing site hosted? You can probably add the domain to your existing site's hosting.

Advertisement