Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Provision for electric Car charging point

Options
  • 17-10-2018 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

hi Folks,

Bit of a random question for ye. We're slowly renovating our 3 bed terraced house, had it fully rewired to spec about 3 years ago. Im kicking myself that I never future proofed for an electric car charging point for the driveway.

Anyway, Over the next few months we'll be redoing 2 bedrooms upstairs, that would give me the opportunity to lay cabling from the circuit board to the porch (NOT CONNECTING). I would just propose running the correct cabling and not connecting it to anything when I have the opportunity to lift floor boards etc. Just wondering what cable I would require, and roughly what lengths I would want at either end for the electrician to finish the job? Wont do anything until we have an electric car and can avail of the grant.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement