Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light bleed

Options
  • 17-10-2018 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Is there such a thing as an acceptable amount of light bleed ?

I bought a Samsung 50" last christmas and the light bleed at the top and bottom seems to have gotten worse since then.
    Its not noticeable on bright programs but in the evenings and watching shows with dark scences its pretty visible

If I bring it to Currys to complain are they likely to tell me that light bleed is normal on edge lit displays ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Samsung and edge lit TV light bleed is a common issue with a lot of their models, it's inherent in the type of screen unfortunatley along with dirty screen effect and overt banding.
    The issue for you is some people will think it's okay, some not so it's objective...

Best to take a photo of the TV with a blank background and perhaps show this in the first instance to Currys.
    I have never bought from Currys so unfamiliar with their support reputation.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

slave1 wrote: »
    Samsung and edge lit TV light bleed is a common issue with a lot of their models, it's inherent in the type of screen unfortunatley along with dirty screen effect and overt banding.
    The issue for you is some people will think it's okay, some not so it's objective...

Best to take a photo of the TV with a blank background and perhaps show this in the first instance to Currys.
    I have never bought from Currys so unfamiliar with their support reputation.

Thanks, its the objective-ness of the issue that I'm worried about, wife doesn't see the problem but its stands out like a sore thumb to me

Advertisement