Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Conna Golf Club

Options
  • 16-10-2018 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Thinking of Joining this club,initially Annual Membership if available.Would love to hear opinions of other golfers and current members.Is it difficult to get on Time sheet ?What are practice facilities like .As I dont know any existing members ,who would co sign application
    Appreciate any response/information

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was only a junior member there, but my dad and brother are members there now. Can only speak from what I hear, but can be hard to get times on timesheet, depends on your availability though too. If you're online at release time, you should be ok.

Practice facilities are grand, trackman there too. Give them a call and see what options are available, better to do it early than not

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

It helps if you have one leg longer than the other

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

It helps if you have one leg longer than the other

In Old Conna? Its a fairly flat course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

This is the kind of sheite talk that really pisses me off.
    Btw I'm not a member but not many fairer more well conditioned courses all year round in Leinster I would say.
    Nice members and a great clubhouse with probably the best grub I've had in a golf course.

You should delete ur comment as it's way off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Old Conna is a good course with a fantastic clubhouse and pro shop, one leg shorter than the other, if you think OC is hilly try Esker hills or Noddy Valley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Slightly off topic but I really don't get the dislike of hilly courses. I'd much rather undulations than a bland featureless flat course.

There's also a hilly course that a group of the best golfers in the world play each April and most of them have it on their all time top courses list.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Played here on Friday. In terms of affordable, parkland golf courses, best greens I've played by a mile. Very nice course, a little plain at times, but greens make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

I would appreciate any views of existing members,thanks for all contributions so far.On the application form I need proposer and seconder ,anybody know if there are Annual Memberships available ,I know that membership commences on 1st Mar ,so would love to get application in

Advertisement