Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling through Moscow with Aeroflot

Options
  • 16-10-2018 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Im looking at potentially flying to Bangkok from Dublin through Moscow SVO with Aeroflot. There would be a 2hr 20m transfer time between flights, between 4.50 and 7.10am.

Has anyone any expeirence of doing this with Russain customs etc.? I understand there is no Visa needed if just transferring through the airport.

Its about €200 cheaper than ethiad, so would be good if it worked out. However I would'nt risk it if there was a chance of a problem or delay at Moscow.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Better half also looked into going through this airport en route to Beijing..reviews vary BUT boarding passes only being accepted on paper seems standard there..so we decided against that.. Amsterdam for her connection seems better..imagine missing a flight in Moscow and having to put up with their customs officials

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

Turbohymac wrote: »
    Better half also looked into going through this airport en route to Beijing..reviews vary BUT boarding passes only being accepted on paper seems standard there..so we decided against that.. Amsterdam for her connection seems better..imagine missing a flight in Moscow and having to put up with their customs officials

What is that supposed to mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Hi vg31.
    I'll repeat ..the customs officials in that airport in Moscow only accept boarding passes on paper ..not on an android device as were quite used to here in Ireland with Ryanair etc having their own app
    However I haven't ever been through the airport but I'm sure everyone can agree that a hassle free airport would be best when using it for an onwards connecting flight. And reviews seem to throw up a few issues..

Hi vg31.
    I'll repeat ..the customs officials in that airport in Moscow only accept boarding passes on paper ..not on an android device as were quite used to here in Ireland with Ryanair etc having their own app
    However I haven't ever been through the airport but I'm sure everyone can agree that a hassle free airport would be best when using it for an onwards connecting flight. And reviews seem to throw up a few issues..

So you decided against connecting in Moscow just because they don't accept mobile boarding passes? I really can't see how that is an important consideration at all. Plenty of airports aren't equipped to deal with mobile boarding passes. They'll just print your boarding card for you at the check-in desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Transiting in Moscow is a breeze and Aeroflot are almost aggressive in ensuring people make tight connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

SVO is a decent airport as good as any in Europe, by transiting you avoid the fun in the terminal, as to just get inside requires a security search and xray.

Aeroflot are fine to fly with, no way as fancy as the Middle Eastern carriers but as good if not better than most EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Just so you know, if you are one who likes a beer on a plane, Aeroflot banned alcohol on flights in/outbound to Bangkok due to pissed up ruski's on the plane.
    That includes duty free.

This was at least the case as of about 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭irishrover99

They are doing 1 way flights to Bangkok for 252 Euro.
    That is really cheap.
    You could then fly onto Australia with AirAsia X for 270 more or similar Airline for not much more than that.

Only 500 Euro to Australia is a great price and its about 100 Euros more from Sydney to Dublin.
    This would be a good deal for anyone struggling over there and wanting to come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Does anyone have experience of their Business Class service? Considering DUB - BKK as considerably cheaper than Middle East airlines. Looks like they fly 787's from Russia to Thailand... i'm not a fan of 787's but it'd do.

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience of their Business Class service? Considering DUB - BKK as considerably cheaper than Middle East airlines. Looks like they fly 787's from Russia to Thailand... i'm not a fan of 787's but it'd do.

Aeroflot don't have any 787s. They use A330s or 777s to Bangkok.

Look up Aeroflot business class A330/B777 on YouTube. There's plenty of videos.

A few other non-video reviews:
    https://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/flight-review-b777-300er-aeroflot-business-class/
    https://onemileatatime.com/aeroflot-business-class-777-review/
    https://pointspointers.com/2017/11/20/trip-report-aeroflot-a330-business-class/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Hi vg31.

Same as Frankfurt while flying to US, they don't accept Mobile checkin for Non-US Citizens.

Advertisement