Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vrt

Options
  • 16-10-2018 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi, have a bike picked up north that I plan on buying on Thursday. Quick question, mileage on it is 5800 miles. I want to get this up to 6000 before the vrt inspection. Is it whatever miles is on the bill of sale or whatever milage is inspected on the day at the NCT centre determine if you have to pay VAT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

it's 6000kms you need to avoid, which is 3,750 miles iirc.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

galwaytt wrote:
    it's 6000kms you need to avoid, which is 3,750 miles iirc.

Excellent, thanks for that. just double checked that there and you're correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Hi, have a bike picked up north that I plan on buying on Thursday. Quick question, mileage on it is 5800 miles. I want to get this up to 6000 before the vrt inspection. Is it whatever miles is on the bill of sale or whatever milage is inspected on the day at the NCT centre determine if you have to pay VAT?

Just for reference, AFAIK it's the mileage when presented at NCT centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Just for reference, AFAIK it's the mileage when presented at NCT centre.

The NCT centre was wrong, we don't use imperial measurement in this country. So they'd have to have a 10k km limit if they want 6k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Del2005 wrote: »
    The NCT centre was wrong, we don't use imperial measurement in this country. So they'd have to have a 10k km limit if they want 6k miles.

I meant the distance covered was counted as presented at the centre, not what was on the invoice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,274 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

MrBlack93 wrote: »

Is the bike over six months old?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Is the bike over six months old?

Yeah it's a 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Sure leave it a while and get some more miles on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,065 ✭✭✭✭Esel

zubair wrote: »
    Sure leave it a while and get some more miles on it.

No need, it is over the 6000km requirement already.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

just switch the odo to km and problem solved, assuming of course it is digital,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,065 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The odometer is showing a mileage that is over the km limit. No need to change it.

Not your ornery onager

cadete wrote: »
    just switch the odo to km and problem solved, assuming of course it is digital,

no need to change anything : they do calls from UK all day long, and know how to apply 5/8ths...........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

galwaytt wrote: »
    no need to change anything : they do calls from UK all day long, and know how to apply 5/8ths...........

Agreed no need but if it makes it easier for them why not, the quicker ya get in and out the better imo, takes 2 minutes to switch and we are metric in this country now :)

cadete wrote: »
    Agreed no need but if it makes it easier for them why not, the quicker ya get in and out the better imo, takes 2 minutes to switch and we are metric in this country now :)

True, but I'd keep the display matching the invoice, units 'wise, for an easier life...

Ode To The Motorist

Advertisement