Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Ireland permanently

Options
  • 15-10-2018 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello people.

I will be leaving Ireland permanently (going back to Croatia) in the next 2 months.

I moved here November last year and worked since then, till July this year, and since then I have been unemployed.

What do I have to do to see if I'm eligible for tax refund, and where? I tried calling Revenue by phone but after 10 minutes of music I gave up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Complete a form P50, and submit with a copy of your P45 to your local Revenue office. If you are registered for myAccount, submit forms through my enquires and they will be processed quicker.

edibey wrote: »
    Hello people.

I will be leaving Ireland permanently (going back to Croatia) in the next 2 months.

I worked here November last year and worked since then, till July this year, and since then I have been unemployed.

What do I have to do to see if I'm eligible for tax refund, and where? I tried calling Revenue by phone but after 10 minutes of music I gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 edibey

Complete a form P50, and submit with a copy of your P45 to your local Revenue office. If you are registered for myAccount, submit forms through my enquires and they will be processed quicker.

Thank you for the reply. I am registered, ever since I started my first job.

After that, do I have to do anything else? I mean, will I be "deleted" from the records? I wouldn't want to have problems with tax because I moved away.

Also, if I am eligible for refund, how long it might take?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

You won’t be deleted.
    If you have your bank account details on my account refund could be in your bank account within 5 working days (if all is straight forward)

As you are leaving the country permanently, don’t forget to update your postal address and contact details.
    edibey wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply. I am registered, ever since I started my first job.

After that, do I have to do anything else? I mean, will I be "deleted" from the records? I wouldn't want to have problems with tax because I moved away.

Also, if I am eligible for refund, how long it might take?

Advertisement