Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulbs

Options
  • 15-10-2018 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

So I've just taken delivery of 260 Apeldoorn mixed and 60 Alium bulbs for 3 beds totalling 18sq metres. Aliums are in already. Will plant the tulips next month. Am I mad?:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭fiacha

newbie2 wrote: »
    Am I mad?:eek:

Yes.

I put 700 bulbs in over a couple of days. Most were planted in amongst existing plants so it was slow going. Looking forward to seeing them all next season, but it was more work than I expected.

I had to give the soil a good watering before planting, as it was so dry it was impossible to get deep enough holes without it all closing in. Mad to be wearing a t-shirt in the garden in October !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

fiacha wrote: »
    Yes.

I put 700 bulbs in over a couple of days. Most were planted in amongst existing plants so it was slow going. Looking forward to seeing them all next season, but it was more work than I expected.

I had to give the soil a good watering before planting, as it was so dry it was impossible to get deep enough holes without it all closing in. Mad to be wearing a t-shirt in the garden in October !

serious amount of bulbs, where did you source them and what kind of flower and price per 100. Looking to get a couple of hundred of good value in the Dublin region

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭fiacha

I used MrMiddleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Nice result if I do Say So myself

• Advertisement
Advertisement