Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Android Box?

Options
  • 15-10-2018 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi I’m just wondering what is the best android box and what site can I buy it on? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭m99T

Id say Amazon Fire TV / Stick. You can install the play store on them as they run android as a base.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Nvidia shield, available at the rainforest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

m99T wrote: »
    Id say Amazon Fire TV / Stick. You can install the play store on them as they run android as a base.

Okay thanks I got one recently but I’m only using it for Netflix at the moment. I’ll have to explore the rest of its capabilities.

For the foreseeable future nothing will top the shield in terms of power, however if your interest is solely in streaming movies, TV shows etc a Xiaomi mibox will do the job perfectly.
    Minix are top notch too but they only support a product for 2 years max, with a few exceptions in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Commander Data

The Nvidia Shield tv is excellent. The remote is sturdy, however, if ever broken, quite pricey to replace (currently £66.99 on Amazon UK). Some people choose a generic android remote in such a circumstance. Overall, a fabulous player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

What do these boxes do that an xbox wouldn't?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

silverharp wrote: »

Fit under your tv without hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Is the shield good for live sport? Would like to watch a rugby game or two and a bit of soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

It's the top dog of all android boxes, you can't get any better. It will eat streams without breaking a sweat

The point others were making is that for streaming alone it may be overkill but if the price isn't of issue for you then it's the one to go for in my opinion, there is no messing around with it, easy to use, solid build quality and it maintains software updates by nvidia

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

silverharp wrote: »

I've started using the daughters xbox 1s for all things Kodi and it's as future proof as a Niva Shield for me.

€50 boxes are great but need knowledge to get the best from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement