Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is with the mickeys on the warning signs for deer on the M7

Options
  • 15-10-2018 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

It's all in the heading really...if you have seen them you know what I'm talking about, and they have caught me every time I have gone up or down to Dublin on the M7 for at least 2 years. I can only assume that some crazy (but brilliant) individual or group travelled the length of the M7 and stopped at every deer sign added an identical perfectly warning-sign-esque phallus to all of the leaping stags?

Or was it a work experience student's last day in the sign printing factory? Or an RSA initiative to make people notice them.

I think some of them may have been fixed (so to speak) or replaced since I first noticed them as I saw some...less...excited-looking...deer signs on my drive up today but previously it was literally every sign. Has anyone seen them anywhere else?

My other question is why the hell deer are able to wander on to the motorway and how effective a sign is if you are travelling at 120kmph and come across a deer. While looking to see if the deer-willy question had been asked already the only posts I found were people reporting collisions with deer on the M7.

I would love to attach a photo, but I'm not keen on the thought of stopping on the motorway to get one.

Comments

Advertisement