Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miami advice required

Options
  • 14-10-2018 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi There

Thinking of booking a week maybe 10 days to Miami possibly next Easter.
    Have never been and looking for recommendations on who to book a package with and which part to stay in?
    Budget would be on the lower end of the scale.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭corks finest

Tubs and Crockett will answer all your Miami queries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Most people would probably say South Beach, but it depends on you

If I was going to Miami, I would do the drive or fly to Key West

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭howyanow

I suppose im wondering really what sort of destination is it,what type of holiday makers go there or does it cater for all types?
    I like the Amalfi coast and the Algarve and usually go to either of those but always thought Miami or somewhere like it be worth going to instead.Ideal holiday would take in New York also for 3 nights.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Much better to book flights and accommodation yourself. Stay near South Beach in an AirBnB, there are some beautiful apartments available, or depending on your budget one of the nicer hotels in Downtown. Aerlingus have very reasonable prices for flights.

Miami is an incredible city that caters to everyone. The nightlife is especially amazing. It's very expensive though but of course anyone who even considers visiting there knows this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gaillimh

howyanow wrote: »
    I suppose im wondering really what sort of destination is it,what type of holiday makers go there or does it cater for all types?
    I like the Amalfi coast and the Algarve and usually go to either of those but always thought Miami or somewhere like it be worth going to instead.Ideal holiday would take in New York also for 3 nights.
    Thanks
    I've been there twice with the missus. It's a lovely spot.
    Great weather of course, good restaurants and decent shopping etc.
    We didn't partake in much nightlife so I can't help you there.
    Both times we stayed in hotels on Collins Avenue in South Beach - the Raleigh the first time and the Setai the second time.
    The Setai seems to be very expensive now - it wasn't cheap when we stayed but nowhere near what it is now.
    The breakfast is amazing in the Setai.
    AirBnb wasn't as popular when we were there so I would probably use that now as hotels are expensive in general.
    If I went again I would hire a car and drive down to the Keys.

If the missus is into shopping, there is a shopping centre called Aventura mall which is really good. You can get a cheap local bus from South Beach to it - takes about 30 minutes. And there's a lovely Italian restaurant in the complex.

I'd love to go back again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement