Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific

Options
  • 14-10-2018 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am thinking of flying to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific early December for a week or so. I have never used this airline nor have I been to that part of the world so I have few questions in mind:
    1 - How's the entertainment in-flight and is there any free WiFi on Economy class?
    2 - Is relying on Revolut to pay for pretty much everything, including street food, a good idea or is cash more used than cards?
    3 - Any tips on what to visit, where to go, where to eat are more than welcome.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

No free WiFi in economy class. Entertainment is pretty good, fairly standard compared to Emirates/Etihad, etc.

Card can be used most places, but almost definitely not for street food. You'll need proper cash then.....it's also a good idea to get an Octopus card. This is the travel card for MTR and buses, but can also be used for payment in most places. Top it up in train stations or 7/11s.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

flew with these guys on this route years ago

was happy with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

This route only started this year, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

This route only started this year, though?

no i flew with them years ago to hong kong

Advertisement