Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the cause of Feminism ?

Options
  • 14-10-2018 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

I notice that a lot of hard core feminists have had a bad or non existence relationship with their father.

Could a bad father/daughter relationship be one of main causes of feminism.

No young girl is born full of hate for men something must have happened in their lives to turn them into a hate-filled feminist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd consider myself a feminist. I had a great relationship with my dad just as I have a great relationship with my brother, husband and son. Most of my friends are male. I think I can say I don't hate men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I don’t think you know what feminism is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

I ****ing hate the internet sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

You've noticed nothing. That's just ignorance.

Feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes. You don't have to be a woman to be a feminist and feminists don't hate men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Depends on the definition of feminist. Feminism is not hatred of men, its just equality.

The women who hate men and cry misogynist over anything a man does, these people are not grouped by Feminism.

• Advertisement

Dr Brown wrote: »
    I notice that a lot of hard core feminists have had a bad or non existence relationship with their father.

No young girl is born full of hate for men something must have happened in their lives to turn them into a hate-filled feminist.

Here fishy fishy fishy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

brevity wrote: »
    I ****ing hate the internet sometimes

memories of bad dial-up when you were growing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Irony of that particular poster calling anybody "hate-filled"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

I love lamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Collie D wrote: »
    Irony of that particular poster calling anybody "hate-filled"

I'm just surprised he's not blaming immigrants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Pa8301 wrote: »
    I'm just surprised he's not blaming immigrants.

The night is young.

I wish I could say I was surprised that he's still allowed to post here, considering his history.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

So you want to blame men for this? how feminazi of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The night is young.

I wish I could say I was surprised that he's still allowed to post here, considering his history.
    Contrarians will always find a spot somewhere here for them but it is soon quite clear that they can't be genuinely outraged on so many fronts and their sheer ignorance on many topics is easily seen. It's pitifully both sad and funny when attempted outrage falls flat on it face over a basic element such as knowing what feminism even means or, as elsewhere, spurious 'expert' references are harvested from Google.

OP your post is I think taking a swipe at women. Maybe you need to look at your own early experiences in relating to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

John_Rambo wrote: »

Feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes. You don't have to be a woman to be a feminist and feminists don't hate men.
    That's what feminism once was, unfortunately this modern stuff is pure toxic man hating nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

My eyes rolled so hard that they now hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

John_Rambo wrote: »

No it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Oh god another thread where we need to...

giphy.gif

Thread is a blatant wind-up, the OP has accomplished what he set out to achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,492 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Bait thread nonsense but modern feminism does have an unmistakable whiff of thinly veiled misandry which is never addressed because of stupid arguments like the OP's. Anyone who points it out is filed in the stupid drawer automatically.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

OP your post is I think taking a swipe at women. Maybe you need to look at your own early experiences in relating to others.

I think we're gonna need a bigger thread for that particular can of worms.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

463800.gif

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Our national figurehead for feminism Louise O'Neill, has a great relationship with her father, so I wouldn't think so.

There is no need for feminism in a western society. The only thing keeping it alive is crazy women putting other women down and male feminists looking for the ride.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yes something happened, but thankfully we now have vaccines to prevent it happening to future generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Our national figurehead for feminism Louise O'Neill, has a great relationship with her father, so I wouldn't think so.

There is no need for feminism in a western society. The only thing keeping it alive is crazy women putting other women down and male feminists looking for the ride.

True. But she basically called her grandfather a pedo in one of her rants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

Nobody gives a flying **** about Louise O'Neill other than the dimwit men that are unsettling obsessive about her on this forum.

If you want to pick a figurehead for feminism in Ireland you could do worse than giving that honour to Mary Robinson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

National figurehead my a$$. Never heard of her before reading about her on Boards. I agree that Mary Robinson would be a better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Thought the sarcasm was obvious. Our media's national figurehead for feminism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I agree with the OP
    With regard to the rapid anti-men feminists , the ones I know seems to hate this fathers,. the "I believe her" types...

normal people into equality , less so.. they are women id say were sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Dr. Brown’s threads.

Omnibollixollogy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement