Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 2 | The Bridge [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 14-10-2018 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 2 - "The Bridge"

Airdate - October 14th on AMC at 9/8c | October 15th on FOX UK at 9PM

The communities restore a bridge; someone is gravely injured at the construction site.

Promo

Sneak Peek

This episode marks Andrew Lincoln's 100th appearance on the show.

How did you rate this episode? 37 votes

0%
    0%
    0%
    27%
    ArmaniJeanssfrashdori_dormer8mvfoozzybear61downesyosheensabhailGoldengirlRecliner 10 votes
    13%
    NUTZZwillowthewispterryduff12brianregan09[Deleted User] 5 votes
    29%
    irlirishkevstorkerclaivaFreudianSlippersSpook_ieSudden ValleyBanjaxed82alchemist33Jasper79budgie412jrkb 11 votes
    10%
    BlazerYakultmojesiusAgent Coulson 4 votes
    10%
    TinCoolParkman77Foreign Sportsunreg999 4 votes
    5%
    Darth MelkorGwynplaine 2 votes
    2%
    engiweirdo 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Urghhh....more banality.
    And Rick...its faster to run over and cut the rope than trying to shoot it you knob...plus there was two ropes holding it and you only shot one.
    Its just so cliched at this point, you can guess every single turn before it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

When was the last time they replaced the writers
    Does anyone at amc actually think they're doing a good job since the guv?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Phish poor. Think I'll probably throw in the towel on it at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

tvnutz wrote: »
    Phish poor. Think I'll probably throw in the towel on it at this stage.

Yeah, I'll be back after Rick goes just to see if it's any different

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

who is killing the saviours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I didnt think the episode was all that bad. It had a bit of mystery and developed the tensions between the camps a bit further. My only worry is that they seem to be setting up Negan to be the Governor Mark 2, as in they will only kill him the second time he's defeated in battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Oh come on you dont stand under a heavy load like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is it me or are Rosita's clothes getting skimpier with each episode, not that I'm complaining or anything. Must be tough finding something to fit properly after the Zombie Apocalypse. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Still that bloody helicopter flying around, seeing as the settlements are down to brewed up ethanol to run tractors my betting is on the vestige of a US government flying it.

Aviation fuel probably not as scavenged or used as regular fuel and still stockpiled at air bases/airports somewhere, at least that's the common sense logic I'm clinging to.
    Maybe the Commonwealth who come into play in a later season have plenty or produce it at a refinery somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Isn't aviation fuel not dissimilar from diesel but less some of the lubrication additives?

Maybe that's why they were able to run that semi in FTWD as most scavenging seems to be for petrol cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I wonder who
    got Justin
    at the end. He obviously knew them. Could it be
    that guy Alden, the Good Saviour? :)

Weird little conversation that Aaron and Daryl had about kids, presumably baby Gracie. It's either a little inside nod to Norman's impending fatherhood IRL, or a foreshadowing that maybe Daryl might step up and take care of Gracie while Aaron is recuperating from his injury. The injury that
    Kirkman has said he regretted giving Rick in the comics (losing his hand).

I dunno, I'll keep watching I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Man, what a snooze fest. I turned it off 20 minutes in. Last season was bad but at least there was a bit more action. This season is turning in to some kind of soap opera. Everyone is playing happy families. The kids go off to play with a stick in case on the off chance that a zombie pops up. It's like Little House on the Prairie. Night Rick. Night Maggie. Night Ezekiel. Come on.

I'll try and finish off this episode tonight.

I also followed FTWD, and the season that just finished was pretty boring too I must admit.

I think they should just can it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Have to say I thought that was another decent episode. It would have been expecting way too much for the new showrunner to solve WD's problems in the space of the first couple of epsiodes but I think it's turning a corner even if it's not the sharpest bend in the world.

The bullets and the stupid shootouts are gone. We don't have Negan lurching and swaying around the place with his cartoonish henchmen in tow. Carl not being around instantly makes it a more watchable show and Maggie isn't pregnant anymore. Daryl is a proper character again rather than just a grunting prop. This is all progress, people! I'd like to see Dwight back in it at some stage though.

It's not perfect, of course it's not. Rick shooting the rope was stoopid but the logs crushing the walkers was fun to watch. And the signposting of events is still there. Rick wondering how capable Enid as a medic means of course that she's about to deal with something in which she's way above her head. Ah we'll just amputate Aaron's arm and he'll be grand...give us a break. The lovey dovey stuff is annoying but they're trying to set up a new world and this comes with it.

The playing off of Rick against Maggie is interesting in the sense that there are consequences for the group in their decision making. Rick exiling the bad egg clearly will have repercussions somewhere and the final scene sets it up nicely for next week.

I think there's a genuine attempt to improve the show and I'll stick with it for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

I'd like to see Dwight back in it at some stage though.

Totally forgot about Dwight, what happened to him again, did he go off on his own?

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Isn't aviation fuel not dissimilar from diesel but less some of the lubrication additives?

Maybe that's why they were able to run that semi in FTWD as most scavenging seems to be for petrol cars.

Yep, aviation fuel is very similar to diesel or kerosene so yeah they could run a truck on it. Wouldn't do the injector pump any good but would run on it for a while anyway. Given that it's primarily only commercial vehicles in the US that are diesel then it's fair game to say that in post US zombie world, diesel/kerosene and jet fuel wouldn't have been scavenged as much as petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

That helicopter is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Reggie. wrote: »
    That helicopter is annoying

I actually like it and the potential storylines it could bring to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I actually like it and the potential storylines it could bring to the show.

It's been tangled like a carrot too often at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The dulling of Michonne continues. Who decided it was a good idea for her to start delivering all her dialogue in the style of Marilyn Monroe singing Happy Birthday Mr. President???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »

Totally forgot about Dwight, what happened to him again, did he go off on his own?

Daryl exiled him after all his supposed flip flopping, so he went off to look for his wife Sherry who had disappeared the season before I think. He's one of the more interesting characters, I'm sure he'll be back in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Decent enough episode. As I said last week I'm watching just to see a conclusion so decent episodes will do me. Obvious silly moments like the rope shooting but I'll let it slide.

I am getting a bit overwhelmed by the sheer size of the cast though. I didn't even realise that was Aaron who had the accident until I read it here. Had presumed as soon as he was telling Daryl about his child that he was just another pointless extra who would end up as zombie dinner before the credits.

Good to see Daryl taking a more central role again. One of the few characters I haven't grown to dislike over the years and probably the only one I genuinely want to see survive.

Is this the third season with the hint of the helicopter? I think it first made an appearance in the S7 finale. Time to progress that storyline instead of teasing it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Collie D wrote: »
    Is this the third season with the hint of the helicopter? I think it first made an appearance in the S7 finale. Time to progress that storyline instead of teasing it out.

Would you believe, the first time we saw a helicopter in TWD was way back in season 1, the pilot episode!

Ronny Haze (he runs the channel MakeAPathPresents on youtube) has a theory that it may be the Oceansiders that are killing the Saviours, and maybe he has a point. Simon and co. did line up all their husbands and sons and shoot them in cold blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »

Me too...this is who popped into my head first:

220px-Dwight_Schrute.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Honestly, I don't understand people thinking this was terrible, I honestly thought this was one of the best episodes in literally seasons...and way better than the opening episode. Finally going a new direction, heavy focus on walkers, decent action, progresses at a decent pace and everything was somewhat relevant to the narrative, whereas previous seasons were chock full of random, meaningless filler....and let's not get into the pantomine performances and A-Team shootouts that plagued the last two seasons.

I agree with the previous post which said this is a major improvement on the last few seasons.....for the first time in eons, I'm actually looking forward to watching the next episode. Really decent stuff for a change.

Also - best part of the episode:

TpHkT.gif

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Ronny Haze (he runs the channel MakeAPathPresents on youtube) has a theory that it may be the Oceansiders that are killing the Saviours, and maybe he has a point. Simon and co. did line up all their husbands and sons and shoot them in cold blood!

Well it looks like Ronny and his viewers had it bang on!

Advertisement