Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Front Door Handle

Options
  • 13-10-2018 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi Everyone, my front door handle spring appears to be worn and the handle itself is in poor shape. Can anyone recommend where to get such a replacement handle and how much it would cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭aluminium

thats old style munster joinery handle.

MILA kilbarick, roughly 20 euro.

Given that your kildare based you could try Universal Products off the Nangor ROad. Assuming they have it, they are more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

aluminium wrote: »
    thats old style munster joinery handle.

MILA kilbarick, roughly 20 euro.

Given that your kildare based you could try Universal Products off the Nangor ROad. Assuming they have it, they are more expensive.

Is there a generic handle that could work? Or does it have to be a specific Munster Joinery type?

THERE JUST CALLED mUNSTER jOINERY, because thats what they use. The handle is actually a Hoppe. (You should see the "H" etched in the handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

What part of the country are you in? I’ve got an old one in the shed (in good condition) that you can have for free.

Edit: I just have spare handle, no guts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

While you're at it, that lock is the wrong size for the door. There is too much sticking out and it can be snapped off with a vice grip. The scum can then enter your home and leave with all your valuables. :)

• Advertisement

While you're at it, that lock is the wrong size for the door. There is too much sticking out and it can be snapped off with a vice grip. The scum can then enter your home and leave with all your valuables. :)

The cylinder, not the lock is over extended. ask for a 30:40 anti snap, better again if you get a thumbturn.

The cylinder, not the lock is over extended. ask for a 30:40 anti snap, better again if you get a thumbturn.

Yeah, sometimes you gotta use words that the common man understands. ;)

Yeah, sometimes you gotta use words that the common man understands. ;)

Excuse me!!!!!
    I don't know the common man, I'm upper middle class.

Excuse me!!!!!
    I don't know the common man, I'm upper middle class.

Yeah, well, I've no class at all. Or so I'm told. :D

Advertisement