Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance options

Options
  • 13-10-2018 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

I already have cover through the Nargc as I’m a member of a gun club, I very rarely shoot in that club area as I’ve moved away from there a few years back. I still maintain my membership out of good will and obviously the insurance. My question is are there other options available besides joining a gun club? I’ve a friend who just took up shooting and he has permission to shoot on a few farms near him. I’d like to set him up with Insurance as a gift and I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking a club the club I’m a member of to accept a guy not from the area, especially as I’m pretty much just a token member.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

Kran wrote: »
    I already have cover through the Nargc as I’m a member of a gun club, I very rarely shoot in that club area as I’ve moved away from there a few years back. I still maintain my membership out of good will and obviously the insurance. My question is are there other options available besides joining a gun club? I’ve a friend who just took up shooting and he has permission to shoot on a few farms near him. I’d like to set him up with Insurance as a gift and I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking a club the club I’m a member of to accept a guy not from the area, especially as I’m pretty much just a token member.

Theres lots of companies that offer shooting insurance without joining a club..

Im personally insured through CountrySide Alliance Ireland and i found them very good to deal with

Im covered for a wide variety of country sports including horseriding and fishing and of course shooting.
    Which includes hunting, deer stalking, clay shooting , target shooting and vermin shooting so youre covered for all types.

Membership i believe was around 60€ for the year.
    This includes monthly newsletters on countrysports and game recipe books if your friend is into cooking what he shoots

Heres the website
    https://www.countrysideallianceireland.org/ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

That sounds like exactly what I’m looking for, might join myself too as I do a bit of fishing also. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

That sounds like exactly what I’m looking for, might join myself too as I do a bit of fishing also. Thanks

Your nargc insurance covers all out door pursuits. Which includes fishing etc etc. There is no need for you to take out extra insurance for that

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

IFA Countryside insurance very good also

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Some home insurance policies give cover, but not all, so read your policy carefully.

• Advertisement
Advertisement