Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone insurance for device bought online

Options
  • 12-10-2018 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭

Just about to place my order online for a new Note9 dual sim. I was wondering if any of you knew of a place to insure such a device? Any of the places I found want you to have bought it from a Irish registered business with an Irish vat number. I know some of you will say don't bother with it, however my track record isn't great and I tend to use insurance to the fullest.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Just about to place my order online for a new Note9 dual sim. I was wondering if any of you knew of a place to insure such a device? Any of the places I found want you to have bought it from a Irish registered business with an Irish vat number. I know some of you will say don't bother with it, however my track record isn't great and I tend to use insurance to the fullest.

Any recommendations?

Buy online cheaper and forget the insurance.
    Or buy in Ireland for a premium and get your insurance.
    I don't think you'll get your cake and eat it unfortunately ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

biebiebie wrote: »
    Buy online cheaper and forget the insurance.
    Or buy in Ireland for a premium and get your insurance.
    I don't think you'll get your cake and eat it unfortunately ;)

Thanks. I usually do buy in Ireland and hence don't have an issue insuring the device, however I recently got a dual sim device and find it so much handler to have my work and personal sim's in the one device. Unfortunately it's impossible to find a high end device in dual sim from any of the usual providers and whereas the lads shops in Dublin selling them are probably registered etc, Ive heard mixed stories about them so find it hard to trust them that it won't get blocked down the road.

Advertisement