Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now I'm getting desperate!

Options
  • 12-10-2018 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Surely someone out there can sort this problem for me?
    I have an upgraded Android phone, and a Gmail address which was created when I first downloaded all the Google stuff.
    I never use that address, as I've had an Eircom email address for years which I use.
    I added the eircom address to the Gmail account (it's the only way I've ever been able to send mails from my phone)
    All is working fine, although I always get duplicate mails (one from each address)
    My problem is that Microsoft keep sending me the same mail, three or four times an hour, saying Credentials Needed. Then Enter Credentials for the Eircom address. Then Enter Password. After this, the server details appear. Then Microsoft says Incorrect Username or Password. That's as far as I ever get. Then I just cancel the page and wait for the next mail. It's happened twice while I was typing this btw. HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

So you have google, microsoft and eircom going on here. I'm not sure what microsoft has to do with this unless microsoft are hosting eircom mail? Someone else might know.

I don't know how to fix your specific problem but since you don't use gmail you dont't have to use the gmail app. What I would do is start again with a different email app such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.bluemail.mail

Set it up with your eircom account and if it works without this annoying microsoft stuff disable or delete the gmail app. If you still get these emails from Microsoft on the new app I'd get in touch with eircom about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I had a similar issue myself almost a week ago out of the blue.
    Think it must have been a glitch with with Google or Microsoft.
    Seems to have settled down for me now anyhow the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

AllForIt wrote: »
    So you have google, microsoft and eircom going on here. I'm not sure what microsoft has to do with this unless microsoft are hosting eircom mail? Someone else might know.
    I don't know how to fix your specific problem but since you don't use gmail you dont't have to use the gmail app. What I would do is start again with a different email app such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.bluemail.mail

Set it up with your eircom account and if it works without this annoying microsoft stuff disable or delete the gmail app. If you still get these emails from Microsoft on the new app I'd get in touch with eircom about it.

Well, I think that did the trick. I downloaded the Outlook email app, logged in with my usual Eircom address and password, and instantly had full send and receive connectivity.
    Moments later, the Gmail Credentials mail arrived, so I went to the Gmail app. It's built-in, so I can't remove it. So I disabled it and waited. Three hours later, test mails still ok and no more Credentials requests!
    Hopefully no-one will now tell me the world will end because I disabled a built-in app......
    Thanks for saving my sanity, er...for a short while....
    Now, why won't Netflix cast from my new phone???? Lol!

Well I'm glad you seem to be sorted with it cause frankly I haven't a clue what was going on with all that credential stuff.

Hopefully no-one will now tell me the world will end because I disabled a built-in app......

On second thoughts there is no problem at all disabling the app BUT you do need access to your google email really cause it's the link to your android google account. I'ts important for purchases, security, and stuff like that. You will need to use it sometime. You could add it your new outlook app or renenable the app and delete the eircom account you added to it to stop getting those pesky messages again. Your choice.

Well I'm glad you seem to be sorted with it cause frankly I haven't a clue what was going on with all that credential stuff.
    On second thoughts there is no problem at all disabling the app BUT you do need access to your google email really cause it's the link to your android google account. I'ts important for purchases, security, and stuff like that. You will need to use it sometime. You could add it your new outlook app or renenable the app and delete the eircom account you added to it to stop getting those pesky messages again. Your choice.

Good thinking, that's what I'll do. Does this mean I'm a tekkie now?

• Advertisement

tony glenn wrote: »
    Good thinking, that's what I'll do. Does this mean I'm a tekkie now?

Sort out your Netflix by yourself, do a write up on i here ,and I'll award you a teckkie star :pac:

Sort out your Netflix by yourself, do a write up on i here ,and I'll award you a teckkie star :pac:

A tekkie star? There's an incentive! And only yesterday I couldn't even spell Internett!

Advertisement