Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITT: Underrated Ninty games that need sequels on the Switch

Options
  • 12-10-2018 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hard mode: No F-Zero, Mother/Earthbound or Advance Wars.

I'd kill for Mario Slam Basketball 2, Super Princess Peach 2, a new Punchout and a new Mario Strikers.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I'd go for an Advance Wars title. I enjoyed the Hell out of Into the Breach and would like something with a longer campaign, more 'meat' to it. Played the demo for Valkyrie Chronicles 4 and it dragged on and on. Advance Wars would have a nice snap to it, quick rounds, contemplation and strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not sure if it's underrated per se but I'd love to see a Kid Icarus game on the Switch. The 3DS one is a fantastic game, hopefully Sakurai considers it in the future.

I'd second Mario Strikers as well, that was a very fun game to play. Disaster: Day of Crisis is one I know Monolith won't ever return to but I really enjoyed that, very underrated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Billy Hatcher II- This time he's ready to scramble his eggs....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

After Link Between World's I'd love to see them make something like that with Link's Awakening. While were at it do the same with Minish Cap.

Not Nintendo licences or likely but a follow up to Ghost Trick and Hotel Dusk/Last Window would be welcome. Closest thing to the latter was Chase: Cold Case Investigations which was a very short eShop title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

A new Eternal Darkness would be nice.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    Not Nintendo licences or likely but a follow up to Ghost Trick and Hotel Dusk/Last Window would be welcome.
    They were fun DS games, I'd like to see something similar on the Switch. I'd also like to see a Layton game on the Switch (outside of Japan).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

Corholio wrote: »
    Not sure if it's underrated per se but I'd love to see a Kid Icarus game on the Switch. The 3DS one is a fantastic game, hopefully Sakurai considers it in the future.

Kid Icarus Uprising!! Forgot about that one. That was a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. An extremely undervalued title. Think of it as XCOM without the micro-managment that game requires. I poured over 50 hours into it on the hardest difficulty and loved every minute of it.

There are some minor RPG elements like selecting upgrades for your characters but the fun is in the gameplay and strategy.

It's the game that got me addicted to the genre and would be a great place to start before jumping into something more complex like Fire Emblem.

tom-clancy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

2d metroid game

Zack and Wiki 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

A new Sin and Punishment game would be much appreciated!

I'd also love a new WaveRace, 1080 or Excitebike/Excitetruck.

A new Sin and Punishment game would be much appreciated!

I'd also love a new WaveRace, 1080 or Excitebike/Excitetruck.

The world needs more new extreme sports games in general.

• Advertisement

I was thinking, a sequel to or remaster of GTA Chinatown Wars would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Tales of Monkey Island ported to Switch. Or all of the Monkey Island series rebuilt from the ground up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

more than anything I want a new F-Zero game on the Switch.

I would also really like a new Pilot Wings and Waverace game for the Switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pilotwings would be a must, but it has to be a sequel to the still very enjoyable N64 game, not that abomination that appeared on the 3DS.

Nothing quite beats that hang-glider dive down those frosty, wind swept peaks of Everfrost.

Advertisement