Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a 'friend request' on boards?

Options
  • 11-10-2018 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭

I've been around boards for a few years, have >20K posts and all of a sudden I have a 'friend request', from a poster I have never heard of.

I know what this is on Facebook but haven't a clue what it does in boards, could someone explain it please.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Friends functionality has been in Boards for donkeys years, I just don’t think anyone ever really cared. If you go to your public profile page, you can see your friends listed on the right. If you visit anyone’s profile, you can view their friends or “befriend” them from that same panel.

To be honest, I don’t even know what are the benefits of being “friends” with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,123 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

dudara wrote: »
    To be honest, I don’t even know what are the benefits of being “friends” with someone.
    Friends-without-benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I think there is an option to restrict PM's to friends only.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thanks for the replies. I sent a PM to the poster (who has no listed friends) asking why I was being so honoured but got no reply. I've rejected the request.

Advertisement