Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudimentary Network Visualisation?

Options
  • 11-10-2018 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

I'm creating a distributed hash table in java, and I'd like to visualize the network in some way. For instance, arrange the nodes around a circle in order of their ID, with the ability to click on a node to see its attributes, such as it's routing table and any data it's responsible for, and perform operations on that node's behalf, such as inserting data into the network or retrieving data by it's key.

I'm not looking for anything crazy sophisticated, just a simple way to demo the workings of the DHT. But not really sure where to start, should it be browser based, or should I use java swing? How do I make a circle and put nodes on it! Not a clue. :o

Comments

Advertisement