Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunny Season 13

Options
  • 11-10-2018 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

So what does everyone make of the new season? A bit hit and miss IMO

First 2 eps were funny, love the gang escapes, next ep pretty poor as it featured mostly all the girls, back on form with the ep where the gang attend seminar.

The last 2 eps have been below average.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Thought the first two episodes were average enough but picked up a lot from the 3rd episode on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The gang gets a new ride was fantastic. Really enjoyed the old format and Dennis and Dee were great in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,280 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

thought the first 3 episodes were ok, but episodes 4 and 5 were very good. So far a decent season IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The first episode and the Women's Wade Boggs one were poor but the rest have been between good and great.

I've really enjoyed them tackling current PC issues like gender toilets and sexual harassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I thought the latest episode was very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,844 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I couldn't finish the Wade Boggs one..

.. luckily I went back for more - the sexual harassment and clip show ones were very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Overall a poor season but that last scene was quite emotional for a comedy like it's always sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

ricero wrote: »
    Overall a poor season but that last scene was quite emotional for a comedy like it's always sunny
    It was a "jump the shark" episode for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The final sequence with the dance was at one level completely amazing - maybe partly because it comes out - no pun intended - of nowhere.

But how does the show go back to doing the same old thing after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,844 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It was interesting and a brave choice.. but after 13 seasons, I suppose it was just an attempt to do something different.

I can imagine as will go back to normal for season 14.

Pretty poor season all-in-all.. the sexual harassment and bathroom episodes were solid but largely forgettable episodes elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

What an awful season. Dennis missing for half the season, Charlie missing for a third of the season, Mindy, an "Escape Room" episode which every sitcom has done in the last year, a Dee episode which is a "Ladies Reboot" of a previous episode, a clip show in 2018, and an extremely unfunny Mac/Frank episode to finish the season.

If they can't do 10 episodes every 12 months with all the cast, do 6-8 episodes every 18 months if that works better. Hell, take a page out of Larry David's book. Hiatus. Return. Glory.

Advertisement