Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12th Oct '18

Options
  • 11-10-2018 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Frosty 2.25 NMarket. Visually impressive in it's debut win. Stable mate behind in 3rd has come out and won since. On at 9/4.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I like Hermosa as a filly and have tipped her up here a couple of times. But there is no chance she should be favorite for this group 1 tomorrow Pretty Pollyanna has to be forgiven that last run where SDS gave her a brutal ride. If she hadn't run in that race she would be an even money chance against this lot.

Tbh I will find it hard to refrain from throwing the lot on if she is still this price in the morning. Haha

I will add to that. That last bit is obviously a joke before anyone loses there pocket money :pac: The trip is an unknown and it is sure to suit Hermosa but I still think she should be a 2/1 shot at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

Going to chance Atlas in the 7:30 at Dundalk, won this race last year and is 5 pounds lower this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

I would have to agree, I really thought she would be clear favourite for this

Blue all over oddschecker, market correcting itself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

kiers47 wrote: »
    I like Hermosa as a filly and have tipped her up here a couple of times. But there is no chance she should be favorite for this group 1 tomorrow Pretty Pollyanna has to be forgiven that last run where SDS gave her a brutal ride. If she hadn't run in that race she would be an even money chance against this lot.

Tbh I will find it hard to refrain from throwing the lot on if she is still this price in the morning. Haha

I will add to that. That last bit is obviously a joke before anyone loses there pocket money :pac: The trip is an unknown and it is sure to suit Hermosa but I still think she should be a 2/1 shot at best.

If Pretty Polyana gets to 4/1 which looks possible,she's 7/2 it looks a great bet. She certainly should be fav here.. That said 7/2 looks value to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Limato PP double today
    fiver rets 60 quid
    be a nice few free pints...........

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

2.50 Anteros 9/2
    3.40 Maighnealta 7/2
    3.15 Spell 8/1
    4.00 miss mash 5/1
    4.50 Border control 4/1

1:50 Newmarket
    I think Fantasy is a fast filly and this trip and ground will really suit her. She’s going to be very hard to knock out of the 4 places here.
    2 Points EW 25/1 4 Places paddy/betfair

2:40 York
    Nicholas T ran a whole lot better last time than the finishing position indicates. He was on the wrong side and just didn’t stay the extra furlong. This is his trip and he looks very solid to get involved here.
    2 Points EW 4 places 18/1 365/paddy/betfair

aidankkk wrote: »
    1:50 Newmarket
    I think Fantasy is a fast filly and this trip and ground will really suit her. She’s going to be very hard to knock out of the 4 places here.
    2 Points EW 25/1 4 Places paddy/betfair

Note to self find out if there is a gale force win blowing down the straight before thinking about a front runner. Dockets could be ripped up before the start there. Very good winner though.

Seen as my other selection comes from behind, hopefully the same gale is blowing up the york straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

I fancy a big run ( place ) from the outsider Beyond Reason in the Fillies Mile.

• Advertisement

aidankkk wrote: »
    Note to self find out if there is a gale force win blowing down the straight before thinking about a front runner. Dockets could be ripped up before the start there. Very good winner though.

Seen as my other selection comes from behind, hopefully the same gale is blowing up the york straight.

Hopefully Pretty Pollyanna can get a bit of cover. I was actually hoping she might make it which i suppose isnt ideal if it is as bad as it looks.
    To late now i suppose the chips are down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

maximo31 wrote: »
    Frosty 2.25 NMarket. Visually impressive in it's debut win. Stable mate behind in 3rd has come out and won since. On at 9/4.

That went well.:o

Im not a bet or suggesting one for that matter. But isnt Gordon Lord Byron some yoke to keep such a high level of form over a period of about 6 years.
    He is an absolute credit to Tom Hogan.
    Rated ~110 or more pretty much consistently since 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I would be amazed if Pretty Pollyanna stayed a mile this early wouldnt be touching myself. Could see Josephs running a big race at a price back to a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Like Military Hill in the last at Dundalk tonight, just edged out a little in the betting to 7/2. The 4lb lower AW rating should give it just enough edge here to win out tonight I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Brokopondo I backed in the last he is well down the weights. Yard is bent as can be hard to touch so taking a bit on faith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I would be amazed if Pretty Pollyanna stayed a mile this early wouldnt be touching myself. Could see Josephs running a big race at a price back to a mile

Great shout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

maximo31 wrote: »
    That went well.:o

She was going so easily for the first half of the race and it's not like she was lacking stamina. I think it was a case of O'Brien sending an inexperienced horse into battle who then became unbalanced and gave up. I'd be very surprised if Frosty isn't capable of far better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

I couldn't get to the racing today, had prior arrangements but had just the one bet tonight. 8.45 Wolves, Decoration of War had a fairly decent win bet on it at 2.56

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

Seems to be a gamble going down in the 9.15 @ wolves on Malaysian Boleh 12.0 into 4.3 in a weak market. I can't believe it, I didn't even rate it in the race albeit a pretty horrible race. I had to have a lay of it @ 4.5.

• Advertisement
Advertisement