Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Broadband Price Increase, sign up for 12mths discount

Options
  • 11-10-2018 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

So with the price increase, has anybody rang up and gotten the usual discount for signing up again for 12 mths? I usually get 6 months half price but got 9 months half price once.

Looking at Sky being 30 for the full 12mths I dont think the 6mths half price will cut it for me. Every year we have this rodeo with them after 3 or 4 calls over and back we eventually get the best and final offer

Anybody gone thru all the pain yet? What did you get offered? Broadband only?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Heiser

So with the price increase, has anybody rang up and gotten the usual discount for signing up again for 12 mths? I usually get 6 months half price but got 9 months half price once.

Looking at Sky being 30 for the full 12mths I dont think the 6mths half price will cut it for me. Every year we have this rodeo with them after 3 or 4 calls over and back we eventually get the best and final offer

Anybody gone thru all the pain yet? What did you get offered? Broadband only?

Yep there's a whole thread on it over on bargain alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mileycactus

thanks, didnt spot that

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fuse

To switch from Virgin, you would have to get your broadband from a different source right? (Phone line, Electricity line, satellite)
    Is there any competing service that supplies broadband via the same channel as Virgin (Cable?)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

fuse wrote: »
    (Phone line, Electricity line, satellite)
    Yes, doesnt exist, doesnt work.
    fuse wrote: »
    Is there any competing service that supplies broadband via the same channel as Virgin (Cable?)

Only tiny tiny pockets with their own cable. Nationally insignificant.

Advertisement