Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spain API - Aer Lingus and the Passport Card

Options
  • 11-10-2018 11:59am
    Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭

There are some threads that are similar to this but none that answered my question so said I'd create a new one.

We're heading to Spain in a couple of weeks, and the brilliant Aer Lingus site doesn't accept passport card details as part of the advanced passenger information for Spain, so we entered our passport numbers.

I'd still ideally just go with the card though, as that is what we got it for. Will it matter anywhere if we use the passport card for travelling itself, rather than the passport given that we have entered passport information? Will any care or check and see that details don't match or something? Not a massive issue if we have to use the passports, but I'd rather not if I didn't have to. I asked Aer Lingus but they give a singularly unhelpful answer which did nothing except irritate me.

On a related issue, it's been a while so I can't remember, but when actually checking in online with AL a day or so before the flight, do they accept passport card details for that or not? If not the first question might be a moot point.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Passport card is not accepted by the Aer Lingus online check in, the old website seemed to work but the current one doesn't

Its fine for manual check in at the airport.

Advertisement