Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice required on good dmz tour providers from hue

Options
  • 11-10-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I’m in hue at the moment and looking for advice for where or who to go with for military tour of dmz, Khe Sanh, hamburger hill etc from hue.. have asked my hotel and they don’t seem to know.. I’ve asked a travel agent who I walked past last nite... he knows it all and will drive me personally around... I then asked him what happened at one or of the places and he hadn’t a clue! I’d love if someone here who did a full day or two day tour of the military sights could advise me who they went with. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

We read incredible reviews of Mr Trung, however we did a group tour that his female associate gave, not he himself and it was only ok. If you can fork out to make sure he himself guides you will get a great tour - have a read and you will find loads of reviews on him.

In other advise do an easy rider motorbike trip from Hue - the most incredible trip I promise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Thanks, I’m actually in the middle of tour with him right now.. he is good but hard to understand a lot of the time... I think they’re is two Mr Trungs also... this guy says he was 16 when tet happened, then later said he joined south Vietnamese army in 1971-1972 but only as security in airport around Hanoi or somewhere to that affect so no real fighting ...he still has a good knowledge of the war though... I noticed he said “we” afew times when talkin about The NVA travelling the Ho Chi Minh trail also... haha... slip of the tongue or his English I’m not sure!! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Hi guys just giving an update of my experience today for anyone considering a dmz tour in future. I think me Trung provided a great tour but at times he was hard to understand... u would need to know military terminology and listen hard to understand some times...I also think there is two Trungs... there was a review with a pic of an older different looking man afew days ago that was mr Trung and then there is pictures of our guide too as mr Trung. If you can ignore that, it was a good trip

Advertisement