Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is compTIA a+ worth doing?

Options
  • 11-10-2018 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Im thinking about doing a course to sit the compTIA A+ exam and maybe compTIA security after that, Iv been reading a lot of mixed reviews about it online saying that employers dont really see value in it. I am currently doing an online course to get the JAVA foundations cert but it looks lyk a long road before Im ready for employment with that. Any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I did it a few years back. Its a good foundation to get you going with other more advanced courses, but I wouldn't be expecting it to get you a job right off on its own.

Doing it before doing the security one probably wouldn't be a bad idea - depends on your level of comfort with IT stuff, I suppose.

Advertisement