Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosemont secondary school

Options
  • 11-10-2018 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Morning everyone,
    I was wondering if anybody could give me some information regarding Rosemont secondary in Sandyford. Asking for friends. They are very impressed with the school but concerned about the Opus Dei link. They are Christian but not practising and not conservative by any means. Any advice and/or insight would be of great help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

At the bottom of this link is a series of links to inspection reports.

https://www.education.ie/en/find-a-school/School-Detail/?roll=60930L

Read between the lines on them, particularly regarding recommendations and whether they were followed through.

The parents will be well able to counteract any Opus Dei influence, should they wish to (and should it be there, I don't know the school), but check what the entrance requirements, rules, policies etc. are.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Hi Op, I went to Rosemont for all of secondary school, it was originally in Blackrock when I went but I've been up to the new school and it's brilliant. Honestly the whole Opus Dei thing is hugely irrelevant. We did have mass in school but you could opt out of going and do supervised study for the 40 mins or so it was on.

We did do a lot of retreats and trips away but they were always the best fun.

I am not personally very religious nor are my parents, I chose the school based on the smaller class sizes. We did have several students of different religions in the school when I was there and there was no issue.

I couldn't recommend the school enough really, the teachers were brilliant and we always did plenty of trips and activities.

If you have any questions, ask away!

Advertisement