Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Charger Installation North Wicklow/South Dublin

Options
  • 09-10-2018 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

As mentioned in other threads I bought a couple of weeks ago my 2nd hand leaf. I need to install my home charging point, I asked some installer for a quote and I think it was way too high, so I bought my zappi from Phil Fitzgerald and looking for advice on a good electrician that could install the zappi in Bray.

Have my SEAI grant approval letter sitting in my house (I am away this week, but would like to have it installed next week)

Any recommendations? Feel free to PM if you prefer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭zg3409

jarrieta wrote: »
    As mentioned in other threads I bought a couple of weeks ago my 2nd hand leaf. I need to install my home charging point, I asked some installer for a quote and I think it was way too high, so I bought my zappi from Phil Fitzgerald and looking for advice on a good electrician that could install the zappi in Bray.

Have my SEAI grant approval letter sitting in my house (I am away this week, but would like to have it installed next week)

Any recommendations? Feel free to PM if you prefer

https://www.smartcharge.ie/ are based in Bray. They should be able to recommend someone, but they make their own outlet. I would only use someone who has installed a zappi before, but in theory any electrician can do it, but they must fill out paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

How much were you quoted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Smartcharge didn't reply to my email, but I guess they only install their chargers. I asked Nigel Daly and they quoted me 1200 Eur including the Zappi with 8m cable.

I am shopping around and will report what I go for and how it is done

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I'm in the same boat as you, have my zappi already and grant approval, just need a registered electrician who isn't looking to charge crazy money. The zappi can be got for 600ish so nigel Daley seems to be charging you 600 for installation which is just wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Any registered electrician will do, it’s nothing special and no different than an outdoor socket. The only difference being the size of the MCB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭denismc

ted1 wrote: »
    Any registered electrician will do, it’s nothing special and no different than an outdoor socket. The only difference being the size of the MCB.

I just wish I could get any old electrician to do mine!
    I am after contacting over half a dozen and none of them are interested!, seems some jobs are just too small after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

I'm in the same boat as you, have my zappi already and grant approval, just need a registered electrician who isn't looking to charge crazy money. The zappi can be got for 600ish so nigel Daley seems to be charging you 600 for installation which is just wrong

I asked them about how much to install my zappi and they quoted me 350 ex VAT to be precise, so they were charging around 800 for the Zappi

Advertisement