Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sthil 028 wood boss

Options
  • 09-10-2018 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've an old saw that has been in the shed for donkeys years. Belongs to my father who said it was done and wouldn't start. So I got it out at the weekend to try it.
    No luck. So I opened it up, and the air filter was caked. Rinsed it, dried it and took a look at everything else. All seemed fine. New fuel and mix and it went first pull.
    I had the bar off it for handiness, put the bar back on tonight and the chain wouldn't spin. Brake seemed light. Wasn't choking when i revved it. So I took off the bar. And the cover behind it. The cover is cracked and needs to be replaced. Then I saw the cracked nut _ that's why it won't spin. The brake spring is in the wrong place too, so someone has been in there already.
    I need the carrier that the clutch sits upon. That's the cracked nut I need.
    See the pics below. Has anyone got a spare lying about? It's an 028 wood boss cheers.

Comments

Advertisement