Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to pass Ordinary Level Maths in order to do Geography?

Options
  • 08-10-2018 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, I think there's a good chance I'll fail OL Maths and I was wondering if I need it to do Geography (I want to do Geography and French in the TSM.). Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeeAvery

All Leaving Cert CAO applicants need to pass Maths for every undergraduate degree in Trinity, including French.

However you can do foundation maths (Nursing and Midwifery applicants have to do at least ordinary level, and Maths itself needs Higher understandably).

Also for every course you need a pass in English and a 2nd language.

To study French specifically you need a H3 in French.

This will be the first year Geography and French is being offered and with all the TSM changes who knows what the points will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeeAvery

I almost forgot! However if you pass Latin and any other subject that isn’t a language you don’t need English or Maths. Or a 3rd language.

To do French you’ll still need French though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 e567

DeeAvery wrote: »
    I almost forgot! However if you pass Latin and any other subject that isn’t a language you don’t need English or Maths. Or a 3rd language.

To do French you’ll still need French though.

Thanks so much, I'm doing French, so at least I'll be OK on that haha!

Advertisement