Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being forced to pay returns fee by UPS for failed shipment!

Options
  • 08-10-2018 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I am being charged by UPS for parcels that they failed to deliver to Russia because they couldn't clear customs.

I basically wasted over €1,100 on the shipment and now they are expecting another €220 because they returned the parcels to me.

They are saying that because I accepted the parcels when they were returned, that now I owe them the return fee. On the return delivery, I was not given an invoice or told anything by anyone in UPS that I will be charged.

A few months later I receive an invoice letter and they are forcing me to pay the return fee or they will have to hire debt collectors.

Do I have any rights regarding this? Do I now just have to pay up?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Was it UPS fault that they couldn’t clear customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MaxWick

Before shipping my PC over to Russia I spoke to about 3 different UPS support agents that guaranteed that there wouldn't be any issues with customs in Russia regarding the PC.

A week after being held in Russia. They contacted me for commercial documents regarding the PC that I was able to provide but they wouldn't accept them because they don't have a UPS broker in Russia so I would have to HAND DELIVER the documents and collect the parcel by myself in Moscow or hire a 3rd party to finish the delivery. I have emails from UPS managers saying that I have to hand deliver and collect the parcel in Moscow myself or hire a 3rd party to clear the customs...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Couriers forum

Advertisement