Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nominations for the most polluting Presidential candidate.

Options
  • 08-10-2018 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

I see plenty of Michael D Higgins presidential posters on display but so far not many from any other candidate. Therefore, I give my nomination for the most toxic Presidential candidate to Michael D Higgins.

Am I not correct? All agreed, say aye! Naysayers, please explain your reticence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've only seen Sinn Féin candidate ones so far.

I heard one of the dragons (Gavin Duffy, I think?) saying the other day that he knows that posters piss people off so he wouldn't be using any in his campaign. Saving a shedload of money is a happy byproduct of that decision. So I'll give him credit (if not an actual vote) for that.

Other candidates please follow suit (including, and especially, in the general election whenever that happens)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Only Michael D and Liadh Ni Riada are using posters, the others have all said they won't be.

Too expensive, I think Gavin Duffy said they were the single biggest expense of the campaign (had he used them).

Hopefully this will be the start of a new trend.

amcalester wrote: »
    Only Michael D and Liadh Ni Riada are using posters, the others have all said they won't be.

Too expensive, I think Gavin Duffy said they were the single biggest expense of the campaign (had he used them).

Hopefully this will be the start of a new trend.

Amen to that!

I'd only heard one candidate saying they wouldn't be using them, great news to hear there's more. I wonder do the two posterers feel a bit foolish now? I hope so!

Now if there were only some way to stem the tide of junk mail flyers coming in my letterbox on a daily basis.......

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Now if there were only some way to stem the tide of junk mail flyers coming in my letterbox on a daily basis.......

I collect all the junk mail and repost it in the post office when I go to town. Anything addressed to "occupier", "householder", etc I write " return to sender nobody by that name at this address." and pop it in the nearest postbox.:)

I collect all the junk mail and repost it in the post office when I go to town. Anything addressed to "occupier", "householder", etc I write " return to sender nobody by that name at this address." and pop it in the nearest postbox.:)
    Far too much like hard work!

Straight into the recycling with mine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement