Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre paid seats aer lingus

Options
  • 07-10-2018 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

I’m travelling Dublin to jfk next Thursday. I could check in now for €19.99 each for me and my wife.
    When I look at the seat plan there is about 6 remaining €19.99 seats and then there is a lot of €39.99+ Seats.

My question.

In your experience should I not pay now for a €19.99 seat and take a chance that we will get seated together?

If I don’t book the €19.99 seats and wait to book for free (within 24 hours of flight time) will We end up seated in the €39.99+ seats anyway?

What ya think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

jarvis wrote: »
    In your experience should I not pay now for a €19.99 seat and take a chance that we will get seated together?

What experience? None of us has a clue how may seats are really remaining on your fight. What happened last Thursday will not necessarily be replicated this Thursday.

Do you believe there is really only six of the 'cheap' seats left? Maybe Aer Lingus are bluffing to scare you into paying up. Dare you leave it until the day before the flight when you can reserve seats for free but risk being separated?

Your choice entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

coylemj wrote: »
    What experience? None of us has a clue how may seats are really remaining on your fight. What happened last Thursday will not necessarily be replicated this Thursday.

Do you believe there is really only six of the 'cheap' seats left? Maybe Aer Lingus are bluffing to scare you into paying up. Dare you leave it until the day before the flight when you can reserve seats for free but risk being separated?

Your choice entirely.

Thanks. Very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I personally would wait but I would be online to check in immediately when it's 24 hours from takeoff.

There might even be better seats available then to choose for free. Remember to check seat maps in places like seatguru

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

If you absolutely need to be seated together you should pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just buy exit row seats, you'll thank yourself for doing so when you sit down on the plane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭dennyk

It'd be unlikely there wouldn't be any pairs of two seats together by the time check-in opens; many people don't pay to book seats early. Be sure to hop on there right at the 24-hour mark to get the best selection, though.

I've always managed to get an exit row seat on my DUB <-> LHR flights just by asking the agent at the airport lounge if they can switch me, but that's on a flight around the holidays that's always half-empty, so for a transatlantic route, you might not be so lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

That’s all. I will most likely jump on first chance to get a pair of free seats together. Have a friend in work who swears that every time he travels on aer lingus he doesn’t check in online and checks in at the desk. He reckons at that stage there is always pairs of seats left and they’re the more expensive ones that didn’t sell.

Advertisement